RomanArmyTalk
UK Members......... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: UK Members......... (/showthread.php?tid=11575)

Pages: 1 2

UK Members......... - Primvs Pavlvs - 01-23-2008

...please tell me this is a horrible misunderstanding! Confusedhock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7204635.stm

Re: UK Members......... - sonic - 01-23-2008

Quote:...please tell me this is a horrible misunderstanding! Confusedhock:

Nope. As an ex-teacher, this sort of attitude doesn't surprise me at all. What is more, during my career I taught a lot of Muslims and I think that the vast majority of them simply don't care about the attempts to be politically correct!! But maybe that's just the Muslims that I have taught and the majority actually do....

I don't know!! :?

Re: UK Members......... - Robert Vermaat - 01-23-2008

In my opinion there are many people doing the PC thing, without actually realising that the 'victims' they have in mind never ever thought they were offended in the first place.

PC is a horrible thing. :twisted:

Re: UK Members......... - Primvs Pavlvs - 01-23-2008

I fear for the human race Confusedhock:

UK Members......... - jonwr - 01-23-2008

So what about Jewish folks? Would they not also be "offended"?
This is getting way out of hand. Heck when I went to school in England half the stories they read in 1st form let alone primary school would be banned now.
Jon R.

Re: UK Members......... - Libitina - 01-24-2008

I know the media likes to hype these things up a lot but if there's a tiny bit of truth in it, it's just sad.

I'm reading my 6 year old my old version of The Faraway Tree where Fanny and Dick are characters in a dreadfully queer land Big Grin I found out they were changed to Frannie and Rick. Wish I had that version, the sniggering of other family members is rather offputting lol

Re: UK Members......... - Virilis - 01-24-2008

Yeah, this is really silly! The best PC phrases so far I have heard are for the fat people: "horizontally challenged & possessing an alternative body image"

Anyway it is understandable because white anglo-saxon male is the root of all evil :roll: ...

Re: UK Members......... - M. Demetrius - 01-24-2008

Soon, we'll have as the entirety of our library, the one book:

Ersatz

Then everybody will be happy, and we'll all share the planet and have lollypops for breakfast everyday under pink watermelon skies.

You reckon?

Re: UK Members......... - Wes - 01-24-2008

You should see some of the books my wife had to read when the school was re-doing High School Lessons, Curricculum (sp?) teen pregnancy, racial issues, etc, yet they are looking at (or got rid of) Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn due to offensive language.....Then you have some of our training at work teaching us to be more "racally sensitive and PC" Yikes!

Re: UK Members......... - Libitina - 01-24-2008

Quote:Soon, we'll have as the entirety of our library, the one book:

Ersatz

Then everybody will be happy, and we'll all share the planet and have lollypops for breakfast everyday under pink watermelon skies.

You reckon?

Ooo I like! Chocolate flavour please. And there shall be skipping, lots of holding hands and skipping.

Re: UK Members......... - Peroni - 01-24-2008

Political correctness is a theory that is put forward by a small-minded minority, and what they try to tell us is that it is actually possible to pick up a turd by the clean end! :lol:

Re: UK Members......... - Wes - 01-24-2008

Peroni.....dat is FUNNY!!! But its also true. We seem to be drawing our leaders from folks that do not have a deep end in their DNA pool.

Theres some kids that have just come out of the Police Academy that are lacking so they could'nt pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel....I guess I kind of like being "Old School"......sigh.....

Re: UK Members......... - Peroni - 01-25-2008

Quote:so they could'nt pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel
:lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously funny!!! That line has made my day!

Re: UK Members......... - MARCVS PETRONIVS MAIVS - 01-25-2008

Hmmn... that is like a rumour I heard that Christmas season was going to be renamed 'Celebrations Season' due to the fact it better reflected the different Jewish and Muslim beliefs regarding that time of the year.

This is WAY too out of hand. This is our bloody country. Im from Brazil and I really don't give a damn Carnaval doesnt happen here, although I would not stop it if they tried to implement it either lo Big Grin

Re: UK Members......... - M. Demetrius - 01-25-2008

In the US, it's already pretty much "Happy Holidays", and the evergreen tree with all the decorations is in many circles, a "Holiday tree". Now what other holiday besides Christmas might that tradition be connected to?

Political Correctness. Bah, Humbug!