RomanArmyTalk
Oh-oh Super 14.... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Oh-oh Super 14.... (/showthread.php?tid=12012)

Oh-oh Super 14.... - Hibernicus - 03-08-2008

So... Setanta Sports is broadcasting a ton of Rugby right now. Magners, Super 14, 6 Nations.... some reruns, Gaelic too btw!

I find myself being drawn into Super 14's.... I like it.

Anyone else? Opinions??

Sean (Hibernicus)

Re: Oh-oh Super 14.... - Gaius Julius Caesar - 03-09-2008

Its pretty windy today....oh, sorry did you mean about the rugby...... :roll: :lol:

Re: Oh-oh Super 14.... - Hibernicus - 03-10-2008

Windy.. arh arh arh!

Seriously what do you northern hemispherers think about 14's

Sean

Re: Oh-oh Super 14.... - sulla felix - 03-10-2008

Forward passes, free kicks for holding on, girly scrums...........gimme the Guiness Premiership any day!

Super 14 - Paullus Scipio - 03-11-2008

So you don't like the proposed rule changes then,Barry? Smile lol: :lol:

Try and persevere...you'll find the standard of Rugby pretty high, and w..aaa..aay better than any Northern Hemisphere Provincial teams.

Sadly, my team (Queensland Reds) has slipped down the ladder in the last few years....and is taking a real pasting this season....the games are still worth going to, though!! 8) Big Grin

Re: Oh-oh Super 14.... - sulla felix - 03-12-2008

Big Grin D D

Guess I just prefer the old stick it up your jumper Jeff Probyn/Dean Richards style of Rugby, whilst the girls in the backs brylcream their hair!

All joking aside I think any move to stop the game becoming a penalty shootout has to be a good thing!

As a Harlequins fan I know what it is like to follow a team on the slide, but we are bouncing back now with Dean Richards at the helm Big Grin

Super 14\'s - Paullus Scipio - 03-12-2008

Sulla wrote:-
Quote:All joking aside I think any move to stop the game becoming a penalty shootout has to be a good thing!

.......amen to that, brother ! Smile Rugby was, and hopefully will remain a running, Try-scoring game, with kicking points secondary......

Re: Oh-oh Super 14.... - sulla felix - 03-13-2008

Yes indeed! I quite like the idea of having a "quota" of kicks at goal per game, say 4 per half you are allowed to kick at goal, the rest you must play. I think that kind of system would promote more adventurous rugby for sure.

Re: Oh-oh Super 14.... - Caballo - 03-13-2008

"As a Harlequins fan "

Harlequeens....oh dear.....mind you, my club (firmly in the middle of NDP 1 on the other side of the Richmond roundabout) isn't exactly setting the world alight at the moment.... :roll:

Re: Oh-oh Super 14.... - sulla felix - 03-13-2008

Hmmm..London Welsh?...did they ever set the world alight then??

Re: Oh-oh Super 14.... - Caballo - 03-13-2008

"London Welsh?...did they ever set the world alight then??"

Well, we still jointly hold the record for the largest club contingent in the British Lions. Mind you, that was about 30 years ago....... :roll:

The beer and the singing are still good though!

Re: Oh-oh Super 14.... - sulla felix - 03-14-2008

Big Grin D

To be honest there was much more beer and singing in the ND1 and I know most queens fans enjoyed it much more than the GP. Unfortunately I missed most of it Sad