RomanArmyTalk
Euro 2008 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Euro 2008 (/showthread.php?tid=12855)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Euro 2008 - Jona Lendering - 06-07-2008

And because the EC Football has started, I thought this link would be more than appropriate.

Re: Euro 2008 - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-07-2008

Go Hellas, Go!! Go Hellas, Go!!!! :twisted: :lol:

Re: Euro 2008 - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 06-07-2008

I wondered who would start the first Euro 08-thread ... :lol:

... what might the Roman dreamteam have looked liked? :?

Re: Euro 2008 - Jona Lendering - 06-08-2008

Quote:... what might the Roman dreamteam have looked liked? :?
Dunno, but as all the world knows, the game was invented by the Greeks and brought to the rest of Europe by Roman legionaries. :wink:

Re: Euro 2008 - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 06-08-2008

Quote:
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus:2enwnkx8 Wrote:... what might the Roman dreamteam have looked liked? :?
Dunno, but as all the world knows, the game was invented by the Greeks and brought to the rest of Europe by Roman legionaries. :wink:

wow :o ? )

... but I thought more about something like this:
[Image: firstromanscyb9.jpg]

DREAM TEAM - Graham Sumner - 06-08-2008

Quote: but I thought more about something like this:

What no star striker, Julius Caesar! or is he just too flashy and expensive? Spotted some other flaws in the Dream team.

Drusus, injury prone, rocks, horses, that sort of thing.
Germanicus, ate some dodgy food playing in Syria, never been the same since!
Marcus Antonius, easily distracted, has a tendency to take his eye off the ball.
Hadrianus, too defensively minded to be an aggressive winger! Can be relied upon to organise a good wall at free kicks!
Scipio Africanus. Started well earlier in his career but faded badly.
Tiberius, keeps wanting a transfer somewhere else! It is rumoured Rhodes have made an offer.
Vespasianus, a late starter in the twilight of his years now. I hear he is starting his own stadium construction business very soon
Fabius Maximus however is your typical Italian slugger of the old school. one of the best delayers!
Belisarius. Scored well in Africa might find playing in Italy a bit harder!
Flavius Aetius. Well the latest news is that Britons want him after a great triumph against the Germans (well the Brits call them Huns!)!
Agrippa. only plays well on a waterlogged pitch!

Graham.

Re: Euro 2008 - Alexandr K - 06-08-2008

Big Grin D D D D

Re: DREAM TEAM - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 06-08-2008

:lol: :lol: :lol: lmao
... well, had to deploy them in a hurry and the usual difficulties to overcome (time travel, factional struggle, etc :roll: ) ;-) )
Quote:Hadrianus, too defensively minded to be an aggressive winger! Can be relied upon to organise a good wall at free kicks!
my bad ... I actually meant Traianus :oops: (mix them up always :roll: )

Re: Euro 2008 - Jona Lendering - 06-08-2008

Quote:I thought more about something like this:
[Image: firstromanscyb9.jpg]
Fortunately, Varus is left out. After his match against Arminia Bielefeld, one understands why.
Here's a nice "Hermann" in Arminia shirt:
[Image: trikot.JPG]

Re: Euro 2008 - L C Cinna - 06-09-2008

At first they wanted Cicero as their manager but then had to realize that he always switched sides and joined the winning team :twisted:

You forgot Augustus!!! The top striker of the Roman team! Tricks defenders by pretending to do nothing serious, playing conservative style and before they notice it he scores!

Re: Euro 2008 - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 06-09-2008

Quote:You forgot Augustus!!! The top striker of the Roman team! Tricks defenders by pretending to do nothing serious, playing conservative style and before they notice it he scores!
Nah ... always poor health and not really a tactician on the field ... will do fine as spin doctor Big Grin

As to Caesar: always troubled with epileptic seizures (... some say [size=75:3maareuo]Incontinencia[/size] :roll: but shush, he could read this ;-) ) )

Re: Euro 2008 - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-09-2008

Thats ok......Caesar would be scoring so much, his epileptic fits would be indistinquishable from any other Football players after score antics.... Tongue roll:

Re: Euro 2008 - Libitina - 06-09-2008

:lol: You guys are funny

I'm having to ignore Euro 08 :roll:

One newspaper had a guide to who Brits could support instead, for me that meant Romania (if you prefer to stay up all night and sleep all day lol)

Re: Euro 2008 - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 06-09-2008

Quote::lol: You guys are funny

One newspaper had a guide to who Brits could support instead, for me that meant Romania (if you prefer to stay up all night and sleep all day lol)

hm :? D Ballack and Lehmann play in English clubs and we have white shirts and black shorts as well ...might work, if you mute the audio ;-) )

sorry, just joking ... it's sad, that England isn't there ...no real Euro, IMO Sad

@Gaius: indeed, might impress the referee when it goes for free kicks :lol:

Re: Euro 2008 - Libitina - 06-09-2008

Quote:
Libitina:afb50f32 Wrote::lol: You guys are funny

hm :? D Ballack and Lehmann play in English clubs and we have white shirts and black shorts as well ...might work, if you mute the audio ;-) )

sorry, just joking ... it's sad, that England isn't there ...no real Euro, IMO Sad

Well I can speak a bit of German so could swear at the ref and that's what counts when watching the football right :lol: