RomanArmyTalk
Euro 2008 - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Euro 2008 (/showthread.php?tid=12855)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: Euro 2008 - D B Campbell - 06-13-2008

Of course. What else to do, to unwind after an exciting game, than post on RAT? Big Grin

Re: Euro 2008 - Jona Lendering - 06-13-2008

Quote:Congratulations to our Dutch colleagues on their team's comprehensive dismantling of the French! Smile
It's a nice evening indeed. It's now almost midnight, and the city is still, in a pleasant way, unquiet. Many people are visiting pubs, but in a happy mood - I've not heard the police sirens.

Re: Euro 2008 - Perdiccas - 06-13-2008

That was very impressive! I'm glad that we can't face Holland before the final. With our crappy defense from last night against Croatia they would score double-digits Big Grin wink:

Re: Euro 2008 - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-14-2008

Greece v Russia......coming soon!

Re: Euro 2008 - Na Saighdiuir - 06-14-2008

The Dutch really are looking powerful at the moment.As for the runners up spot it will be a battle.The Romanian still have the dutch in the long grass,so im thinking that it will come down to a tete a tete between la france and their ''beloved"neighbours.As for who will win,im not sure,but with the french doing so badly im tipping the italians,though i hope im wrong.

Re: Euro 2008 - Jona Lendering - 06-14-2008

Quote:The Dutch really are looking powerful at the moment.As for the runners up spot it will be a battle.The Romanian still have the dutch in the long grass,so im thinking that it will come down to a tete a tete between la france and their ''beloved"neighbours.As for who will win,im not sure,but with the french doing so badly im tipping the italians,though i hope im wrong.
If the Dutch are defeated by the Rumanians, both France and Italy will be out, and no one has to fear their resurrection this tournament. There is speculation about it in Dutch newspapers and by the BBC. It would not be fair if the Dutch allow themselves to be defeated, but it's a rational strategy. (Note: Rumania is a strong team that may as well be able to defeat the Dutch without help, as it has done in the past.)

Re: Euro 2008 - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 06-14-2008

Quote:I'm glad that we can't face Holland before the final.
I'd be glad if we got there, even. :lol:

Quote:If the Dutch are defeated by the Rumanians
:? lol:

Re: Euro 2008 - Perdiccas - 06-14-2008

Quote:It would not be fair if the Dutch allow themselves to be defeated, but it's a rational strategy.
I don't think that will happen. After all why should the Dutch be afraid of meeting a team in the semi-final they beat with 3 goals earlier?

Re: Euro 2008 - Paullus - 06-15-2008

Croatia is giving a good showing and that's what I like to see B)

Re: Euro 2008 - Jona Lendering - 06-15-2008

[size=150:jvthj7jo]WOW[/size], what I have seen tonight... Turkey won the match against the Czechs, and in a couple of minutes, the streets were crowded with cars with Turkish flags, music, and an extatic crowd of Dutch Turks (or Turkish Dutchmen). They were honking all the time. The Turkish tea houses served free raki to anyone who wanted to congratulate them, and there was a very, very pretty atmosphere. It was really an unexpected party that the Turkish community offered the city. This was Amsterdam-West, and I wonder how it will be in Istanbul or Ankara.

Re: Euro 2008 - taira1180 - 06-16-2008

Well, we suffered a heavy defeat against the Swiss. It's the problem of using the B team. But our A team, will be in full strenght in the next game.

Re: Euro 2008 - Na Saighdiuir - 06-17-2008

Quote:[size=150:2dt9y3k0]WOW[/size], what I have seen tonight... Turkey won the match against the Czechs, and in a couple of minutes, the streets were crowded with cars with Turkish flags, music, and an extatic crowd of Dutch Turks (or Turkish Dutchmen).

I bet they were!!it made the great escape look like a picnic!!

PS Class finish from Ballack last night...though i will still only worship at the feet of Torsten Frings...legend!!!

Re: Euro 2008 - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 06-17-2008

Quote:PS Class finish from Ballack last night..
yeah, speed of the ball was 121 km/h Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Big Grin ... the keeper can be glad, he didn't stand in the way ;-) )

Re: Euro 2008 - Na Saighdiuir - 06-18-2008

Even if he had it was still goin in..some strike and the slow motion pic of Ballacks face was hilarious!!

Re: Euro 2008 - Jona Lendering - 06-19-2008

Now that Holland, led by Van Basten, will have to face Russia, it's of course imperative to put a link to this Van Basten goal over here. This Van Basten goal has nothing to do with Holland-Russia, but guess who was there?