RomanArmyTalk
romans and allies of oregon and washington - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: romans and allies of oregon and washington (/showthread.php?tid=13038)

Pages: 1 2

romans and allies of oregon and washington - caius matinius mattius - 07-02-2008

I have a yahoo group up and running for the XIIII Gemina. the email link is [email protected] . looking also for a little help with website ideas or layouts.

caius matinius mattius
chris mattingly
SPC US ARMY
3/2 ID STRYKER BDE

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - Wander - 07-02-2008

I'm living in Sacramento, CA, but I'm born and bred in western Washington (mostly Bellingham area, between Seattle and BC), and I will return someday. I hope to find your group there when I do -- or, perhaps on a visit to family and friends.

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - Julilla - 07-02-2008

Chris, just sent in a request to join. Too bad I am out of the web design business or I'd offer to assist there.

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - arklore70 - 09-21-2008

Chris,
I'll be happy to join your group here shortly. Do you have many members out in the Oregon/ Seattle/Tacoma area?

I might be getting assigned up that way, and might be interested in helping out.

Mike

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - Magnus - 09-21-2008

Are you part of Dan Peterson's group Chris?

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - Lucius Duccius Rufinus - 09-22-2008

Chris, Im not anywhere near yourself, but I am in the business of web design / Software engineering, so i could give you a hand with your web design, if you let me know what kind of thing your after (colour scheme etc.) i could mock up some sample pages for you...
Cheers

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - Renius - 09-22-2008

Hi Mike,
I don't know if Chris has answered you yet but we have 4 active members. We have done several public appearances and 1 camp out with proper tent etc.
We are activley recruiting new members and would be very happy to welcome you aboard.

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - maius - 09-23-2008

Hi Mike,

I saw you joined our yahoo group, just want to say welcome!

As Greg said there are only four of us so far with a couple considering joining up. Greg and i started our group about a year ago and have done several events and a weekend encampment at Ft. Stevens State Park on the Oregon coast last June.

When are you moving to Seattle? I'm planning a number of events for next summer and it would be great to have you join with us.

Maius/Bill

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - Nihonius Legio - 10-07-2008

Hi, are you guys the closest legion to Montana? (where I am)

re - caius matinius mattius - 10-10-2008

well i dont know of any groups in the rockies area, as far as west cost goes there is the sixth in california, ours in oregon, and i believe the 9 in northern california.

caius

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - Nihonius Legio - 10-10-2008

Thats sad. You'd think there'd be at least one legion in MT... Cry

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - caius matinius mattius - 10-10-2008

yeah i know, heck wasnt much in the northwest til we got something started

caius

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - Nihonius Legio - 10-11-2008

About how many people do you need in a legion/group to start one up somewhere?

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - maius - 10-11-2008

Hi Jared,

We started our group in Oregon/Washington with just two members, myself and Greg German about a year ago.

We wanted to join an active Roman group, but the closest was in California. So Greg and i got our kit togeather and found public places to go to recruit more members.

Joel Boynton and Chris Mattingly, both RAT members contacted me and joined up. We are now four, fully kitted out, have a tent and camp gear, and have done two weekend encampments so far.

Anyway, i would suggest you decide what period and what legion you want to do, get your kit and go "public" to bring in more members. I'm sure there are people in Montana who would be interested in joining if you started a group.

I know it' a long way, but you would be welcome to participate with us.

Maius/Bill

Re: romans and allies of oregon and washington - Nihonius Legio - 10-11-2008

Hey thanks for the offer. That would be cool, though I barely ever go to Washington. I'm nowhere near starting a group yet. I talked to my friends about it and so far they dont seem interested. I don't even have most of my own gear set up fully. My armor isnt authentic enough for most people, I have leather sandals as caligae, I'm making a balteus out of cut-up old belts.... If I were part of a legion, it's be a very poor one. I'm excited to someday get proper equipment, and maybe even make some, but I doubt I could get anyone to join me if I'm not even fit to join anyone. Maybe someday though...