RomanArmyTalk
"Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Gaming & Modelling (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm (/showthread.php?tid=14532)

"Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - dimgall - 02-01-2009

Hello everyone .this is my last work at 54mm a st george cross russian company figure.
i tried to reproduce the scene where Trojans try to kill Achilles with arrows and moments later on Paris will hit hIs only mortal point his heel.
painted in acrylics oils(mainly metal) and inks .
tell me what you think of the flesh part .i tried hard to improve on that .dont know if i succeed.
any comments on all topics welcome
thanks
dimitris

[Image: achileslaststand001.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand002.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand004.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand005.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand006.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand007.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand008.jpg]
[Image: achileslaststand009.jpg]

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - M. Demetrius - 02-01-2009

Excellent painting. Very amazing detail in the armor and shield. The flesh tones are very convincing, too. Cloth looks right. Great job!

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - dimgall - 02-02-2009

thanks very much David for the comments!

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - Narukami - 02-02-2009

Well done indeed!

Having spent yesterday afternoon painting WH40K figures with my grandson I simply marvel at the quality shown here -- our finished figures are not even close to this level. I know how much work we put in for our modest results, so I can only imagine the effort and time you put in.

Congratulations.

:wink:

Narukami

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - Mythos_Ruler - 02-02-2009

The painting is excellent, but I think the model itself is ahistorical. The helmet is a corinthian helmet, there's a Boeotian shield laying on the ground. Maybe this is "Homer's" Achilles, circa 800 BC, instead of a "real" Mycenaean Achilles, circa 1200 BC.

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - dimgall - 02-03-2009

thank you David for the kind comments.indeed it took a lot time around 1 month ia mslow painter.thanks again
dimitris

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - dimgall - 02-03-2009

Quote:The painting is excellent, but I think the model itself is ahistorical. The helmet is a corinthian helmet, there's a Boeotian shield laying on the ground. Maybe this is "Homer's" Achilles, circa 800 BC, instead of a "real" Mycenaean Achilles, circa 1200 BC.

hello thank for the comments.yes indeed this is homer achilles i brought a little fantasy in it.

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - Praefectusclassis - 02-05-2009

Very nice, like the bronze! Big Grin

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - dimgall - 02-05-2009

thanks Jasper!

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - Ghostmojo - 02-16-2009

Very nice job indeed 8) - now go put on the song of the same name by Led Zeppelin!!! Big Grin (You'll find it on Presence)

Re: "Achilles last stand" st george cross 54mm - dimgall - 02-17-2009

i ripped the title from the zeppelin song!!i am a big hard rock fan!thanks my friend!!!