RomanArmyTalk
RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll (/showthread.php?tid=18956)

Pages: 1 2

RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - jvrjenivs - 06-09-2011

To make a dessicion about the location of the next conference I've set up a poll with the current proposals. Note that only for Ljubljana and Regensburg we have some people who already voluntered to organise. I can do my job in that as well, but have limited knowledge about Berlin and none at all about Cannes and Ravenna, so we need someone more familiar with those areas.

Ljubljana (Tormenta/Miha)
Regensburg (Christian)
Cannes (???)
Ravenna (???)
Berlin (Kai?)

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - Praefectusclassis - 06-09-2011

There's a case of 'can I vote for more than one?' if there ever was!

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - jvrjenivs - 06-09-2011

Well, we can always plan 6 in advance (if we include Oxford too)...

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - Ammianus - 06-09-2011

Made my vote - but it wasn't easy. If we could vote for more than I would Big Grin

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - Nurglitch - 06-09-2011

Can Oxford be added, please?

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - jvrjenivs - 06-09-2011

Well, the conference was in York last year, so next year we would prefer to do it outside the UK. For 2013 an UK based conference would be a nice option again Big Grin

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - caiusbeerquitius - 06-16-2011

So, is there a deadline for the poll, or are we going to say it´s Lubljana? :-)

And what would be the date?

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - jvrjenivs - 06-16-2011

Well, I think I set a deadline for the poll by the end of this month. But by the results sofar (taking into account who voted already) I would be okay with going for Ljubljana, so Miha can come up with some date proposals.

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - Tormenta - 06-16-2011

If everyone is ok with he current result , I can write some dates.
We can make it again in February, the first weekend(the first Sunday in every month is usually free access to every museum)
Or maybe in March. The difference is that can be a little more warmer, and the sun is one or two hours longer on the sky.
January is usually freezing cold. The second part of the year (my personal opinion)is to far away, the interval between the conferences is to wide.
Would you like on some other date, write it down.
And if this is it, thank you for your support.

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - Tormenta - 06-18-2011

I removed my last post, because the voting is still going on.

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - jkaler48 - 06-22-2011

I wish I could vote for Lafe Arkansas USA in March!!!

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - jvrjenivs - 06-22-2011

Quote:I wish I could vote for Lafe Arkansas USA in March!!!

Well, there have others suggested an US location in the past. So I would say, just search for a venue and location and start organising an US sister conference of the European one Wink You're very welcome to do so, although I might be unable to come to the US at the moment, due to time and money restrictions.

But, maybe we can arrange something with podcasting of some sort, some day, to include US and EU members to a bigger event. Well, first get an US edition going.

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - Gaius Colletti - 06-28-2011

Perhaps this isn't the thread for this, but what exactly happens at a RAT Conference?

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - jvrjenivs - 06-28-2011

Quote:Perhaps this isn't the thread for this, but what exactly happens at a RAT Conference?

Well, it all started a couple of years ago as a way to meet the people behind the posts on RAT. This means there is a big social part in the conference. So having beers in local pubs. Next, to have a kind of programm the 'conference' included some lectures (by fellow RAT members/attendants) and a visit to local archeological museum/sites and/or citytour.
So it's a mix of meeting friends and some interesting topics/discussions about RAT related subjects Big Grin

Re: RAT Conference 2012 - Location Poll - Kai - 06-29-2011

Sorry for responding so late, I was too much under pressure lately. Anyway, yes, I would organize Berlin. But as it seems, Ljubljana is the choice of RAT - to my pleasure! I have never been there :mrgreen:

regards