RomanArmyTalk
Show your Roman artwork - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show your Roman artwork (/showthread.php?tid=20975)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 01-09-2014

An epic piece this one Smile because you left negative space in the upper left corner it looks like it was designed to be cover for late Roman issue of Ancient warfare magazine.The tunic of the soldier on the right have particularly interresting decoration,with those small clavi roundels reminiscent (to me) of the old galactic republic logo from Star Wars .-)

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 01-09-2014

Well I based it off a Tunic made by the guy who made Jurjenus' Tunic, but I was thinking "Galactic Republic" when I drew it too.

Show your Roman artwork - Ariovistus - 01-09-2014

400th! Sorry, just had to do that.

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 01-09-2014

I'm afraid there's no other reward for you beside that that you post here as 400.

I'm 401 :wink: !

Show your Roman artwork - Ariovistus - 01-10-2014

Quote:I'm afraid there's no other reward for you beside that that you post here as 400.

I'm 401 :wink: !

Touché...

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 01-12-2014

While playing with another Battle of Chalons concept, I'm going to start a drawing of the Diptych of Flavius Constantius Felix, the Magister Utriusque Militae from 425-430.

Aetius and the Army accused him of accusing Aetius of sedition and hung him, his wife, and a Deacon (possibly a co-conspirator?). He wasn't a popular general, his only known military experience being a minor victory over Hun settlers in Pannonia.

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 01-12-2014

Aetius was such a gentle person Big Grin

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 01-12-2014

Well frankly, the Historical evidence seems more so to support that Aetius was actually telling the truth about Felix, but it can never be known. I mean, Aetius and Bonifacius both trusted each other, and in 429 Aetius sent a letter to Bonifacius warning him that Felix would have him executed if he responded to Placidia's summons to Italy. It seems Felix was the devious little bastard, not Aetius.

Show your Roman artwork - Diocle - 01-13-2014

Quote:Well frankly, the Historical evidence seems more so to support that Aetius was actually telling the truth about Felix, but it can never be known. I mean, Aetius and Bonifacius both trusted each other, and in 429 Aetius sent a letter to Bonifacius warning him that Felix would have him executed if he responded to Placidia's summons to Italy. It seems Felix was the devious little bastard, not Aetius.

Tell me young Evan: who wasn't 'a little devious and bastard' during the last fifty years of the Western Empire? 8+)

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 01-13-2014

I'm no expert on Aetius and his time but apart from being superb general he seems to be also quite a manipulator with hands full of intrigues...and poor Bonifatius could tell as a lot about this doesn't he? But of course Aetius was not the only intriguer around :wink:

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 01-13-2014

Boniface seemed to trust Aetius, considering that he let Aetius live after the Battle of Rimini in 432. Boniface died and then Sebastianus exiled him, but the army hated Sebastianus and when Aetius came back they switched loyalties. It's certain the Huns would not keep sending armies to someone who did not fulfill their promises or debts either.

Show your Roman artwork - spqr95 - 01-19-2014

You have a great talent, pavel

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 02-09-2014

Very grim atmosphere :wink:

Show your Roman artwork - AMELIANVS - 02-10-2014

No need for it-I like it as it is...and there would likely be not much friendly atmosphere during such combat :evil:

Show your Roman artwork - Flavivs Aetivs - 02-10-2014

"Well hey there, after I stab you full of holes, you want to go out for lunch?"

"Well sure, that sounds like a swell time!"