RomanArmyTalk
Rome: Total War II - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Gaming & Modelling (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Rome: Total War II (/showthread.php?tid=21010)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Rome: Total War II - Diocle - 12-13-2013

Quote:
Marc post=347856 Wrote:I am curious if they have fixed a lot in Ceasar in Gaul. And i hope they will implement this into the main game for free. That's my last hope...

Caesar in Gaul will be around $15 dollars and will come out sometime next week I believe. Definitely not for free. Sorry to crush your hopes Tongue

Is there someone who has calculated the total amount of money needed to get a complete game, with all the factions and the nations?

IMO the policy of the prices by CA does not match anymore with the quality of their games .....

Rome: Total War II - Prasutagus - 12-13-2013

I don't recall the siege build times were ever bad. It only takes a couple of turns to build a couple rams, and if you have onagers you're set. Even if you don't have any of that, you can always burn down the iron gates with torches... now that's a problem...

Rome: Total War II - Prasutagus - 12-13-2013

Quote:
Tai Drury post=348030 Wrote:
Marc post=347856 Wrote:I am curious if they have fixed a lot in Ceasar in Gaul. And i hope they will implement this into the main game for free. That's my last hope...

Caesar in Gaul will be around $15 dollars and will come out sometime next week I believe. Definitely not for free. Sorry to crush your hopes Tongue

Is there someone who has calculated the total amount of money needed to get a complete game, with all the factions and the nations?

IMO the policy of the prices by CA does not match anymore with the quality of their games .....

I agree with that one! I would have payed maybe $30 max if I had known the game was going to be of this quality. I think they're way out of line charging us money for Caesar in Gaul in the first place. It should be free to atone for their wrongdoings.

Rome: Total War II - superonyxfire - 12-14-2013

it shouldn't take a year just to make ladders, that is insane and a 1 year siege itself is a very, very long one.

Rome: Total War II - Robert Vermaat - 12-17-2013

Yeah, the 1 year per turn is a bit odd, but I think it follows from a wish to cover a long period in the game. Of course if you do the Spanish Wars or the Punic Wars, there's hardly time to do Gallic and Germanic wars as well. So instead they rush through the game instead of giving us 12 turns pers year.. Come to think of it, building a set of ladders in 1 month is as silly as 1 a year.. Smile

Rome: Total War II - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-17-2013

Yeah RTW had 2TPY and many mods bumped that up to 6 or 12 TPY. I like it better at 12 TPY because you can have a really long game in a short timespan (say 425-476)

Rome: Total War II - superonyxfire - 12-30-2013

The problem is, each turn is a whole year, or was, I think they added seasons. For me it was funny seeing romans that are used to building a fort at night, taking it down the next day, take a whole year to build ladders.

Rome: Total War II - Prasutagus - 12-30-2013

Anyone played caesar in gaul expansion? I've put a number of hours into it; it is quite entertaining.

Rome: Total War II - d.carmichael - 12-30-2013

I like how people are complaining about the price for the game. Am I the only one who remembers when games were like $90-$100? game prices have been coming down over the years. $60 is the norm now days for a game. Alot better then paying $100.

Rome: Total War II - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-30-2013

I just play Rome 1 with mods. This is my favorite (Invasio Barbarorum):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ffNBRS6-A

(That's for their soundmod I should mention.)

Rome: Total War II - Timianus - 12-30-2013

Quote:I just play Rome 1 with mods. This is my favorite (Invasio Barbarorum):

(That's for their soundmod I should mention.)

I play the "total realism" mod. Do you know if I can run that at the same time as Invasio Barbarorum? (as far as hacing to replace the code is concerned?)

Rome: Total War II - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-30-2013

No. Not at the same time (if it's mod foldered you can have two mods at once, but can't run them at the same time).

Invasio Barbarorum is for the expansion. RTR is for RTW v1.5. They can't run on the same platform anyways.

And I assure, Invasio Barbarorum is the Rome Total Realism of Barbarian Invasion.

Rome: Total War II - Timianus - 12-31-2013

Quote:No. Not at the same time (if it's mod foldered you can have two mods at once, but can't run them at the same time).

Invasio Barbarorum is for the expansion. RTR is for RTW v1.5. They can't run on the same platform anyways.

And I assure, Invasio Barbarorum is the Rome Total Realism of Barbarian Invasion.

Thanks. I was unclear in my post. I did not mean "run simulataneously." I didn't know if the code swaps for one affected the other. Sounds like they do not.

Rome: Total War II - Keenshooter - 01-03-2014

If anyone wants to play RTW2 feel free to message me or add me on steam. Steam name Todwarter.

Rome: Total War II - Len Campey - 02-24-2014

If you play Rome 2 total war, try my modification for the game! you will not be disappointed!

www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?6...1-Updated-11-02-2014