RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 10-13-2008

Quote:Alexander, did Paul lend it you or did he really sold it?

Quote:Yep, the former Peroni's squamata is in our legion's loaner gear now, and I found it convenient for the signifer's impression. And, of course, it looks great.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER - 10-13-2008

Our centurio bought the squamata from Paul for our legion.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Doc - 10-14-2008

The beautiful squamata Edge is wearing is made by the most excellent Matt Lukes.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius_Calvus - 10-14-2008

Essentially, I own two squamatae.

The one I wear the most was made by Matt Lukes, as were my ocrae (greaves).

The other was made by Peronis, and sold to Primus Paulus (Paul) who subsequently sold it to me, and I lend it to the legio members for events.

Edge

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 10-14-2008

And a new picture of my as a batavian soldier on the Roman festival Nijmegen this year. Additional to this picture I've a clipeus with the Coh I BAT design, 2 lancea, 1 hasta and a Gallic F, which are all now shown on the picture.

[Image: batavian.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Caballo - 10-14-2008

Excellent- a Batavian auxillary in a segmentata as shown by the latest research- laudes!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - John M McDermott - 10-14-2008

Very good! I've often wondered if Roman soldiers didn't wear some plaid.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Tita Iuventia Martia - 10-14-2008

Ave!
Really nice impression! Although I'm not an expert on auxiliary units I want to say that it looks great.

But...

Quote:By this impression I've a clipeus with the Coh I BAT design, 2 lancea, 1 hasta and a Gallic F, which are all now shown on the picture.

I'm a little bit confused. Are you sure that you didn't want to post a different picture. I don't see the shield or the spears and helmet.

Regards,

Early Batavian Impression - Gaius_Calvus - 10-14-2008

Hi folks,

In addition to the pics Alex posted of some of us at Kennesaw, attached are a couple of pics of our early Batavian impression, in this case portrayed by Andrew Magee, one of our members.

The gladius is a reproduction (attempted, anyway) of the finds at Kessel-Lith.

Regards,

Edge

Quote:I'm a little bit confused. Are you sure that you didn't want to post a different picture. I don't see the shield or the spears and helmet.

Regards,

I mentioned it, because they aren't on that pic.

Nice early batavian impression. I hoop to complete mine soon. (still have to paint the shield, buy or make a kessel-lith belt hook and make some new tunics. Helmet and spears are ready (thanks to Robert Wimmers who made Nijmegen based spearheads and a nice Krefeld helmet)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 10-14-2008

@jvrjenivs Peregrinvs Magnvs - That is where the confusion lies Jurjen, as you say in the post that all these items are in the picture.....
:wink:
Quote:By this impression I've a clipeus with the Coh I BAT design, 2 lancea, 1 hasta and a Gallic F, which are all now shown on the picture.
I guess you ment 'not' , not 'now'?

@Gaius Calvus - can you post a picture of the sword, it is a little side on for the shortsighted amongst us. Smile

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius_Calvus - 10-14-2008

Byron,

See the thread in the main "Reenactment" forum on the "Kessel-Lith Sword" for several pics.

Edge

Quote:@jvrjenivs Peregrinvs Magnvs - That is where the confusion lies Jurjen, as you say in the post that all these items are in the picture.....
:wink:

Changed the post a little bit.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 10-14-2008

Thanks Gaius will do.

Cool Jurjen, I have to admit I was wondering too.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 10-14-2008

Hey, Jurjenius! Nice Impression!. But you look more caledonian auxiliar than batavian!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: