RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Luca - 10-18-2008

Here is my centurion impression:

www.cisalpina.net/images/Sample8.asp

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 10-18-2008

Great looking impression, Luca Big Grin ! May I ask where did you get the helmet?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Luca - 10-18-2008

Sure this is the only one made by Illusion Armory. Far I know they don't sell roman stuff anymore. I think my helmet is great and it is also 2-3mm thick, and 4,5 Kg heavy.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - barcid - 10-18-2008

Quote:Great looking impression, Luca Big Grin !
took the words out my mouth 8)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Tita Iuventia Martia - 10-19-2008

Ave Luca,

nice impression. It looks really good. May I have a few questions?

I noticed that your group portrays praetorians. I'm a bit confused by your choice of body armour. As far as I know centurions in regular legions wore lorica hamata or lorica squamata, but I don't know how it was amongst praetorian centurions. Could they have worn all three types of armor? I don't remember ever seeing a praetorian centurion in lorica musculata.

A second question: in the gallery on your website I noticed a legionary in "summer clothing" standing on snow. It must have been quite cold, I'd think. Smile May I ask you what an event this was taken on?

Thank you for any answers,
Best regards,

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Evgeny - 10-20-2008

[Image: be3dce2c7ca2.jpg]
Salve! Longus Legio V Macedonika Russia S-Peterburg
[Image: 521bb4266e64.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Theodosius the Great - 10-20-2008

Quote:Here is my centurion impression:

www.cisalpina.net/images/Sample8.asp

Outstanding, Luca !

The pteruges look very good, IMO.
Again, I like the color scheme.

Are you wearing a leather musculata ?
It also works very well.

Centurions, IIRC, are often seen wearing musculatae in Roman art (at least during the Republic and early Empire).

~Theo

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Luca - 10-21-2008

Thank you all for the feedbacks.
1. snow march in summer dress. Weel, it is not exactly summer dress because of the feminalia and the woolen socks that I don't use normally.
The temperature was -2 C, but we were not standing, we were marching. This means that all those people that was dressed with additional things after ten minutes of walking they took off everything: by marching you generate warm.
2. pteruges. I have presented my research on the fabrica section. Just note that the pages 5 and 6 are temporary different between english and italian versions because I need a bit of time to translate them yet.
3. muscolata. I don't think is a problem. Pretorians were wearing everything as legionaries were doing. The Trajan Column depicts pretorians with muscolatas and segmentatas. Could be also hamatas for signifers.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - pivus - 10-21-2008

Ave!
Leg XI CPF COH IV

[Image: 62dc6855e7d1.jpg]

[Image: 4b7bd6de49d6.jpg]

We from St.-Petersburg, Russia.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 10-21-2008

Looking good Leg XI CPF COH IV Big Grin ! One of you has a Deepeeka made helmet, may I ask where did you get the other helmet?

The local master.Stylisation.At us it is difficult to get a helmet .

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 10-21-2008

Quote:The local master.Stylisation.
Oh yes, custom made!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Magnus - 10-21-2008

Looks good Pivus!

I only in the beginning of a serious way of reconstruction.I will be glad to the help!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Titvs Statilivs Castvs - 10-21-2008

Very nice! Legio Undecima Aeterna! Big Grin