RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Dan from Britannia - 02-15-2009

Smithy- You seem to have either

A. Never got your kit guide

B. Never read your kit guide

C. Lost your kit guide before reading it.

Lorica segmentata - too early for our core activity, (the lads only wear it as guards at our 1st century gladiator shows)

You also seem to have lost your tunic or tucked it into your trousers (increasing the overweight image).

I know you have only just joined, and it's nice that you can ask these learned & very helpful people on RAT questions about kit... but do feel free to ask myself and others in the group about basic kit, and if you are missing a kit guide... please let me know.

[size=85:o4x0r0ok]You are a very young/new member & I know you're grateful for all the help you've had, people don't expect paying... but if you want to thank people please listen to their advice and take note of reference material that they give or recommend, oh...& don't tuck your tunic in to your trousers (wear a knee length one).[/size] :roll:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Dan from Britannia - 02-15-2009

Here's a few of us at a shows recently

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - chrisanson - 02-15-2009

you can "allmost" see me in the top one :roll:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Salvianus - 02-15-2009

Quote:Hey Ho... Salve,

salve comite

Ah, I have missed seeing Picador such a great horse :-) )

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Salvianus - 02-15-2009

Quote:Me as a terribley over weight 5th century roman, please be kind in your critcism, I have only been going a year.

Plus the club would not allow me to bring my spear to hte party/

Welcome to the Forum, always nice to see a Late Roman :-) )

This is where our American comrades have an advantage IIRC: "the right of the People to keep and bear spears, shall not be infringed" :wink:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - strawberry jelly - 02-15-2009

i believe i the right to arm bears, its much more fun that way. :wink:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 02-15-2009

Me, I like the right to bare arms too. Especially for young and nubile female, opposite gendered persuasion type persons.
And other body parts too....is was how it was meant to be..... 8)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Dan from Britannia - 02-16-2009

Forgot this:
A show we did on a lake, with the audience watching from one bank.
(The scenario was a later Roman limitanei unit storming an island occupied by early Germanic raiders, we pounded the island with our onager, then ballistas followed by arrow storms... before sending a few units of footsoldiers in).

Quite a few people got chucked in! :lol:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Agraes - 02-16-2009

Hi Dan, glad to see you around here :wink:

Some photos of us, the Letavi, Vth century Romano-Bri(e)tons at a training two weeks ago.

[Image: adaciem02cy9.jpg]

[Image: testudo02ef5.jpg]

[Image: push01rs5.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Agraes - 02-16-2009

[Image: fight02tw9.jpg]

[Image: fight05ke4.jpg]

[Image: portrait06ur0.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Dan from Britannia - 02-17-2009

Greetings Agraes, Fantastic pictures!
Like your Segontium shields especially.

[size=85:1oqynkts](I don't get a fantastic amount of time for forums these days, I used to scatter my bile, political rantings and sarcasm across a whole spectrum of forums but I confined it to just a few - I do look in on RAT from time to time, it's informative - but I don't get a great deal of time to contribute much of any worth - apart from the odd picture).[/size]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - ioannes sebald - 02-17-2009

Salve/Wassail Dan!,as an aggravated Angle,can i ask one question?,who won?,and if not the Germanics,did they die with their Lord? :twisted: .

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Smithy - 02-17-2009

Quote:Salve/Wassail Dan!,as an aggravated Angle,can i ask one question?,who won?,and if not the Germanics,did they die with their Lord? :twisted: .

I would comment but I was busy floating in the water, fantastic show I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Dan from Britannia - 02-17-2009

Ha! The locals in that part of Essex are proud of their Roman heritage (it was near to Heybridge, a major Roman excavation) so we had the Roman patrol winning.

If it had been an area heavy with 'Saxon' history then the Germanics would have triumphed! (We are political in our crowd pleasing efforts).

The Germanics did indeed die with their lord, a few 'bodies' were thrown into the water (like Smithy, who floated about about 300yards before drifing into a stinking reed bed full of the finest goose 5hite, but as he had only just joined it was seen as his initiation ceremony, give him his credit, as one of his first shows he was a perfect floating corpse). :lol:

[size=85:15gsnnrc]He has let his membership lapse this year, the treasurer has reminded me that he may have to be thrown into freezing, stinking water again to be re-initiated...[/size] :wink:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Smithy - 02-18-2009

Quote:Ha! The locals in that part of Essex are proud of their Roman heritage (it was near to Heybridge, a major Roman excavation) so we had the Roman patrol winning.

If it had been an area heavy with 'Saxon' history then the Germanics would have triumphed! (We are political in our crowd pleasing efforts).

The Germanics did indeed die with their lord, a few 'bodies' were thrown into the water (like Smithy, who floated about about 300yards before drifing into a stinking reed bed full of the finest goose 5hite, but as he had only just joined it was seen as his initiation ceremony, give him his credit, as one of his first shows he was a perfect floating corpse). :lol:

[size=85:149ocrk7]He has let his membership lapse this year, the treasurer has reminded me that he may have to be thrown into freezing, stinking water again to be re-initiated...[/size] :wink:

If I can make it to that show I would love to hit the water, as said above it was good fun and it was quite a warm dau (I thought) so I found the water quite refreshing. Smile

Oh bout subs PMed you.