RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Wayland - 06-01-2009

I like these
[attachment=1:1rwavv4q]<!-- ia1 Brit Gos 10 small.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:1rwavv4q]
[attachment=0:1rwavv4q]<!-- ia0 Brit Glos 1 small.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1rwavv4q]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 06-01-2009

Good to see you finally received your Draco Robert, looking forward to seeing it next week Big Grin D .

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - M. Demetrius - 06-01-2009

Those boats are wonderful! Good job!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Medicus matt - 06-01-2009

Quote:Those boats are wonderful! Good job!

You wouldn't be saying that if you'd been one of the ones with us getting covered in sheep grease and bitumen, sweltering in 30 degree temperatures, trying to manhandle them into the water.

Nasty, slippery smelly things they are.

:wink:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - M. Demetrius - 06-01-2009

Maybe you're right, Medicus. But I can't smell them from over here, so -- :lol: :wink:

They look great, no two ways about that. How are they constructed? Looks like a wattle and hide system.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Dan from Britannia - 06-01-2009

Medicus is being very modest... he managed to fix a punctured hull in less than 20 minutes with pitch and fabric!

He truly is a surgeon!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Dan from Britannia - 06-01-2009

This is a better picture (taken last year) it shows the Pegasus' construction/interior better

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Wayland - 06-01-2009

one that shows the construction
[attachment=3:1ndeor94]<!-- ia3 construction.jpg<!-- ia3 [/attachment:1ndeor94]

and here's the repair being done
[attachment=2:1ndeor94]<!-- ia2 repair 1.jpg<!-- ia2 [/attachment:1ndeor94]
[attachment=1:1ndeor94]<!-- ia1 repair 2.jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:1ndeor94]

Matt pitching the seams
[attachment=0:1ndeor94]<!-- ia0 IMG_1785 small.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1ndeor94]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 06-02-2009

Hello,

Not me, but a nice impresion of one of my comrades:

[Image: 3581391736_9e3e80ff56_b.jpg]

Was taken by a flickr user at Tarraco Viva event.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Chuck Russell - 06-02-2009

Quote:Hello,

Not me, but a nice impresion of one of my comrades:
Was taken by a flickr user at Tarraco Viva event.

shame shame Centurion will surely know HIS name. I see rust on his armour... lets stone him! Wink hehehe jkjk awesome stuff

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-07-2009

Nice crest, where did he get it?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 06-07-2009

The crest is made by Adrian Wink (Armamentaria.com). The crest were one of the protagonists of the event Tarraco Viva, being so much photografied.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-07-2009

There was another one similar but black and white at Corbridge.....great way that it nods just like the descriptions from Homer...I'll have to get one I guess! :roll:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Cheyenne - 06-09-2009

That red tunic with the black and white clavvi is lovely - how were the clavvi constructed for that one? It looks really striking!

Claire

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Dan from Britannia - 06-09-2009

Red tunic... d'ya mean mine?

Hand embroidered orbiculum based on 5th Century Coptic eagles. (Plus 120 year old hand woven Berber tent edging, found rolled up on a market stall in Covent Garden, jumped at the chance when I saw it).