RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Pointer - 04-08-2013

This is the set for "REVEALED" I know it is not Roman Armor... but it is a Roman Impression and Roman Art... well sort of!

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Charlie - 04-08-2013

Great images Patrick, and very cool set indeed. Our Church a few weeks back did our annual Easter programme for the community called History..like His story, meaning Christ. This is the 4th year we have put it on and it gets better and bigger every year. It is wonderful to get involved in something like this and it is really good to see it still alive and well. :-)

Show here your Roman soldier impression - M. Demetrius - 04-08-2013

Yes, the set and kit/costume are better than the vast majority of stage theatre I've seen in churches. For that matter, they rival the high budget film industry, from what I can see here.

Tell us more about the show, please.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Pointer - 04-09-2013

Thanks guys... if you have Facebook you can "like" MAGLight Theatre Co. There are more pictures there and I also posted how I do the Make up for my character. It takes about 3 hours to turn into a man in is late 90's.

I would like to hear more about History... "His-Story!" Maybe someone can create a thread for Roman Impressions in Theatre? That would be cool. Would also love to see images from M. Demetrius from your Renn. Festival Performance!

Patrick

Show here your Roman soldier impression - M. Demetrius - 04-09-2013

I've thought about the theatre thread, too. There are some in various places, but the best bet is just to start a new topic in this overall forum, by the title of your production, rather than adding onto this mega thread. That way, people looking for theatre stuff later can find it more easily.

(Did anybody notice this thread is 224 pages long, and has had 298,000+ views?)
:!: :!:

There were a few folks who took some photos, but since Linda, Aaron and I were in the presentations, we don't have any "action" photos. Sigh. Someday, we'll have that presentation up on youtube, once we can get decent audio somehow.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 04-09-2013

Here's some action, from Castra 2011. I'm int he back holding my sword the wrong way - the loaner got stuck in it's sheathe.

[attachment=6943]IMG_1128.JPG[/attachment]

AWESOME GUYS!

... M. Demetrius
I would be happy to start a thread... On the theatre/Roman involvement etc. Under what heading on RAT? Category I mean... would be the best.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - M. Demetrius - 04-09-2013

Hmmm. As long as it has a Roman (or other ancient civilization theme) I'd think "Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction" should work, but probably the more generic and safe would be "Off Topic". Better go with the OT location.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 04-14-2013

Some new horse tack:

[Image: IMG_1121s_zpsb134e713.jpg]
(some fine-tuning is needed. The back-side girth is too low in this pic.)

[Image: IMG_1117s_zpsf9fe1b93.jpg]

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Robert - 04-14-2013

Great tack, Jurjen! :woot: I like the blue leather you used, too. All set for the next show, it would seem Smile

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 04-14-2013

Great work again, Jurjen! 8-)

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 04-14-2013

Awesome! Is the mask custom-fitted?

Show here your Roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 04-14-2013

Quote:Awesome! Is the mask custom-fitted?

Kind off. Apparently it seemed the original it was made after did fit my face quite good, so it's a close copy to the original.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Pointer - 04-14-2013

Man... those masks just give me the chills! Awesome!