RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Longovicium - 07-26-2016

That's a shame.

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 08-02-2016

Here is me at Segedunum sorry for grainey pic from phone.  I am wearing all the bits and pieces I have been making over the past few months but my helmet I will have to make next year just took busy,

I have just finished my Phalara so it was the first outing at the weekend Smile
Regards Brennivs Big Grin

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 08-02-2016

Well finally! Smile

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 08-02-2016

Thanks Robert Big Grin I will try to have a better photo taken this weekend at least it wasn't 31 degrees hot  Confused  Smile so I didn't need to ring my tunic out when I took it off.

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 08-02-2016

Awesome photos guys!

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-02-2016

Looks excellent Tony! You make the phalera too?

Gaivs Yes and no the torcs I made copied from Tib. Clav. Maximvs tombstone I liked the simplicity of them the two lions I bought and the 3 discs are made by Brian stobbs I forgot I had them he gave me some brass they were in with them about 20 years ago Blush , they show Egyptian  scenes which fills in well with my time in that country and the centre plate I did, which is Victory herself which I used a stone carving from Leptis Magnus in repousse and then tinned well I did everything tinned Smile I love the bling side to the Centvrio but my kit also shows my 29 years in service so there is a bit wear n tear here and there. On the whole the public could recognise  me as a Centvrio even without vitas straight away so that was great Smile still a few bits to do  but happy so far. It may take another 30 years but I might just make Primvs Pilvs  Tongue Smile Thanks again for all your comments.
Regards Brennivs  Big Grin

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 08-07-2016

Here I am hot from Sedgefield with a better photo a good weekend but hi winds forced us to drop the tents today so we recamped at the Temple of Minerva with tables Smile

Sorry for the hand but everyone notices when I don't carry it Blush

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Fabricius Carbo - 08-07-2016

To quote Lister

"Give you five? I can do better than that... I can give you fifteen."

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 08-08-2016

Thanks Fabricivs Smile just need to replace my old helmet with shinny new Cool more bling.

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-09-2016

(08-07-2016, 07:49 PM)brennivs - tony drake Wrote: Here I am hot from Sedgefield with a better photo a good weekend but hi winds forced us to drop the tents today so we recamped at the Temple of Minerva with tables Smile

Sorry for the hand but everyone notices when I don't carry it Blush

HA HA Took me a few seconds to spot it!

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 08-11-2016

You are right Gaivs it is more useful than the other two Tongue Smile Wink hehe

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 08-17-2016

Fair warning: I'm terrible at photos and forgot to shave.

[Image: Ikn8UUH.jpg]

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 08-17-2016

Nice one Evan.

RE: Show here your Roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 08-17-2016

Very nice Evan. Have you managed to get that cross bow brooch I see on the cloak ?  Wink only one thing the door is first quarter 1st AD  Smile otherwise great  Cool