RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - GALLA PLACIDIA - 12-01-2006

Multiperiod photo; from Legio I Germanica:

[Image: IMG_0834bb.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - John M McDermott - 12-02-2006

There's some very good effort there.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Titus Martius - 12-02-2006

Excellent multiperiod photo of excellent multiperiod group! :wink:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Tarbicus - 12-02-2006

That's a great mix and a great bunch of impressions Big Grin

Definitely doing Republican next.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - FAVENTIANVS - 12-03-2006

Thank you commilitones!! Big Grin D D

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Jeroen Pelgrom - 12-04-2006

out of curiosity but is the third person from the left (with the red shield) standing in a hole?, he seems small (considering that i'm almost 2m tall)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS - 12-04-2006

Hey Fauentane, it seems you and friends coming by stargate directly from the various roman times for a meeting... Big Grin

Vale,

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - FAVENTIANVS - 12-04-2006

Quote:out of curiosity but is the third person from the left (with the red shield) standing in a hole?, he seems small (considering that i'm almost 2m tall)
He's a 11 years old friend of us, who is passioned for reenactment and his father made a smaller but real equipment for him, I wish I had that when was his age too!! :wink:

Quote:Hey Fauentane, it seems you and friends coming by stargate directly from the various roman times for a meeting...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - GALLA PLACIDIA - 12-11-2006

From left to right:

Faventianus (IV century), Tibisius (III century, optio), the kid (altimperial), Jordi Garcia (Auxiliar, I century), Avitianus (war of the four emperors, legionary), Maritimus (augustean period), Bernus (republican period, triarius), Placidius (republican period, veles)

There are more impressions in the group, but no more members... :lol:
Next time we'll wear two helmets, two armours, etc. :roll: Just kidding. :wink:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Martin Wallgren - 12-13-2006

Quote:I´m working on a complete diffrent design for a friend though, witch will be more suted for petrigues. The first one is made to be used with a slimfitting Hamata but the new one is more adapted for use together with a Seg. Radically diffrent design. More of a square vest with a rectangular shoulderpiece in one piece.

Yesterday I finished it!!! Will post a picture this afternoon. With Petrigues and all.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 12-13-2006

Quote:Yesterday I finished it!!! Will post a picture this afternoon. With Petrigues and all.
Good - just in time for your birthday. Congrats on both! Big Grin

Here´s a pic of it... http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic ... 8857#88857 ... but I cant figure out how to show it here on RAT.

(EDIT: I manage to put a picture in...)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-13-2006

Thats impressive! Very archaic looking! It is for Hamata?
Can I show off mine for some constuctive criticism? It is for a sementata, and need some mods for authenic fastening!

I have the same prob myself when trying to show pics! :oops:

It works with a L. Ham., but it is made for a L. Seg. I have another one (the white one futher up in this thread) witch is made espechially for a Hamata with short sleves.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-13-2006

OK I was just wondering with the peturges, as some people say that they are not used with segmentata! Mine opens at the front like you other one, but need to find proper fasteners, a sat the moment i am cheating and using kilt buckles! :oops:

I was thinking along those lines for a centurion hamata sub, but then I have seen pictures in osprey, I think, of peturges on a subarmalis for a seg so....
looks good to me!