RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Tib. Gabinius - 05-04-2007

Quote:Thanks Tobias, much appreciated! Too bad we could not come, it would have been fun!

Right now it looks like we will repeat the Event next year. We would be happy to see you there Smile

Thanks for the compliments, still a lot to do, but working on it every day.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Ulpius Quintus - 05-06-2007

Salvete! I'm relatively new to the reenactment scene, still getting kit together, but slowly! I'm embracing two periods; early 2nd Century AD, and Late 4th Century with Comitatus. This is the first picture of my Kit in its resting place in the museum in between me wearing it. The lorica is Len Morgan, as is the balteus. The sword has changed (the one there is a rubbish deepeeka, I have a much better pompeian pattern now). Helmet is a modified Deepeeka Italic "G", polished with the chrome-style finish removed, screws replaced with copper rivets (care of the nice armourer of the 8th Augusta) and the interior lined with sheepskin for those cold british winters...Tunic is hmmm almost hessian. Very rough, wide and provides good cheap padding for the segmentata. Working on a dark wool cloak at the moment, and also the wool breeches. Need to source some boots - my out of date caligae are....worn to say the least!

Wax tablet is also Len Morgan! Very nice too, stamped with the Procurator's offical seal as in the British Museum's find. As frumentarius I added that to my kit, so I could note down names of locals for arrest, and the mutinous grumblings within my century Tongue Pictures of Comitatus to follow when I get hold of some - late roman heavy infantryman will take some work I fear!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-06-2007

Nice one Marcus without a real name.... :wink:

Is that in the bathouse museum, or the york museum? I was there in late February, and think York is great! Mind you the treasury under yorkminster was closed when I went, so a good excuse to revisit the site.... :lol: Can't believe I have been here over 32 years and only just found the best place in britain :roll:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Ulpius Quintus - 05-06-2007

Whoops! I only just re-registered, and I forgot that where it says "real name" it doesnt actually display it, so you ahve to pop it in the signature! Ah well Big Grin fixed now!

And yes, York is wonderful! Not just for roman sites however, there's a plethora of all sorts of historical gems! I'm a great admirer of the XIVth by the way, my hometown is Coventry - we used to drive past Lunt all the time!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-06-2007

I have only been once, which was for Saturnalia, and should have been this weekend :evil: But, as usual, have had to cancel my life to fit in work commitments! :roll:
Theyare a great bunch of people, (even if they won't give me a real name) and have learnt quite a bit from them. I made quite a few gaffs by purchasing things without advice! Except my Albion gladii! Love them to bits! Big Grin And in a round about way, although I was sold a total lemon of a segmentata in my quest to save a few punds, in the long run, I would never have made the aquaintence of Brian Sobbs, who made my present seg B, which is great!

Like coventry, but did not see as much as I would have liked, and got lost in the city center road system for a while :roll: :lol: :oops:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-07-2007

She's a cutie alright! You have good reason to be proud! 8)

show your roman imperetion - brennivs - tony drake - 05-07-2007

This was me today on my birthday, coming up to my 20 years service :lol: :lol:
[Image: me.jpg]

Re: show your roman imperetion - Robert Vermaat - 05-07-2007

Quote:This was me today on my birthday, coming up to my 20 years service :lol: :lol:

Cool - that's 'Sarmatian' kit? Big Grin
Happy bithday!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - M.H. White - 05-08-2007

Here's me from last weekend at Rossinifest in Knoxville. I'm in "kicking around the camp between marches" mode. I'll have to update this to include shield, sword, and helmet next time I get all my gear on.

[Image: RAT.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - lup_alb - 05-08-2007

Quote:Did you say Sarmatian kit?....Oh that's what I want to be!
preferable around 4-5th c Smile

Probably a sarmatian would have wore some sort of trousers and the shield would have been oval but it looks sarmatian alright... Smile

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Martin Wallgren - 05-08-2007

My kit at present day!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - M.H. White - 05-08-2007

Quote:Hey Emperor Nero disguised as a trooper Smile

Look nice!

I don't think I care much for that comparison! haha Confusedhock:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs - 05-08-2007

Martin, Nice kit ! How about a better look at that clepius ? It looks Batavian. Great paint job from what I can see.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Martin Wallgren - 05-08-2007

Off course it is Batavian! On page 35 or 36 in this thread there is a full wiev of the shield!

show us your roman impression - brennivs - tony drake - 05-10-2007

I am sorry every one it is not Sarmation kit :lol: it is 20 years of traveling around the Empire kit a bit from everywhere.I also dont like wearing trousers Iam a tunica man. It means I can indulge in the colourful side of the 4th century AD and all the lovely weapons swords, knifes, spears ect Big Grin The picture was taken at Binchester Co Durham
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
[Image: javilin002.jpg]
this is what I mean