RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-02-2007

Any chance of getting a pair?
I have had no response from Cacaius to any of my enquiries in the last few months! Sad

Re: Senior Centurio, ca. AD 90-125 - Theodosius the Great - 08-03-2007

Quote:Ave, comilitones!

Well, I finally have gotten my Centurio impression put together to the point where I'm ready to post a picture, and finally got a shot I'm fairly pleased with (thanks to Jared Fleury, aka Florentius):

[Image: CENTURIO.jpg]

The pic was taken at this year's Old Fort MacArthur Days event in San Pedro, CA. There's still some "tweaking" and improving to do, but after nearly two decades at this, I'm nearly there.

Also, note Legio VI's new leather contuburnium tent in the background!

Ave Centurio,

Your kit is an inspiration to the rest of us who serve under you. Under your leadership our Legio has achieved recognition for its esprit de corps !

Well deserved laudes to you Big Grin

~Theo

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Comerus Gallus - 08-03-2007

Quote:Any chance of getting a pair?
I have had no response from Cacaius to any of my enquiries in the last few months! Sad

He is probably on vacations...Cacaius is a man that travel alot every year.. i know that :lol:

=================================================

Good looking kit Paul! Smile ....the Centurio is awesome as well!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 08-05-2007

Since a lot of RAT members liked these 2 pics Ill post them here Centurion LEG V Caesarian.
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
[Image: 5.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
These were taken 17 years ago :lol: :lol: I can tell I havent aged that well :lol: :lol:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - FAVENTIANVS - 08-06-2007

Quote:I am finally getting around to posting a pic of my revamped kit.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p309 ... 020620.jpg
Hey! that's a helluva great impression!!!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 08-06-2007

Quote:These were taken 17 years ago :lol: :lol: I can tell I havent aged that well :lol: :lol:

17 Years!!! Confusedhock: You're a veteran at re-enactment!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 08-06-2007

Yes Vortigern in July I did my 20 years ,but the evil Emperor with the aid of the nasty :twisted: Centurion will not release me until 2043 AD I must march ( if foot is well :lol: ) to celebrate the 2000 aniversary of the invation of Brittania. Then they :lol: :lol: we may extend to 2054 AD to do Caesars as well :lol: :lol:
Regards Brennivs :lol:
At least I can be a Centurion for the last one Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Memmia - 08-12-2007

Quote:Yes Vortigern in July I did my 20 years ,but the evil Emperor with the aid of the nasty :twisted: Centurion will not release me until 2043 AD I must march ( if foot is well :lol: ) to celebrate the 2000 aniversary of the invation of Brittania. Then they :lol: :lol: we may extend to 2054 AD to do Caesars as well :lol: :lol:
Regards Brennivs :lol:
At least I can be a Centurion for the last one Big Grin

Nevermind, Tony. If you are too old or your foot has dropped off by then, I'm sure your comrades will prop you up by strapping you to an onager and wheel you along with the rest of the march- (just hope they remember to untie you before someone shouts 'Iacite!' ):wink: Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Titus Martius - 08-12-2007

AVETE!
I persuaded my father to join Roman army few months ago...now, here is his new vexillarius impression -

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 08-12-2007

Very nice Martin! Can you tell me the dimensions of the tunic with clavi in the second picture?

Quote:Very nice Martin! Can you tell me the dimensions of the tunic with clavi in the second picture?

Thanks Jef...dimensions of the tunic are 120cm wide and 115cm high, clavii are 4cm wide. :wink:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-12-2007

Martin, what colour are the clavi? Are they from cacaius?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Publius Aelius Lucius - 08-12-2007

Quote:now, here is his new vexillarius impression -

very nice impression, martin Big Grin D D

Thanks folks, I am planning phaleras for my father in the future...

Quote:Martin, what colour are the clavi? Are they from cacaius?

Father's clavii are blue. Unfortunately Cacaius's tunics are too expensive for me, so I sewed my own from fine linen (total cost 15Euro :wink: )...

Here is mine with black clavii -
[Image: tunic.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - M. Demetrius - 08-12-2007

Holy Apparition! There's a ghost standing behind you! Look out!

Very nice tunic, though. Worth a laud!