RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Renius - 01-14-2008

Bill, thanks for posting the pics of my impression. It was a total blast to get together and put on our kit for the 1st time. This year will be lots of fun with 1 or 2 more joining in.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Aetius Helvius Merula - 01-14-2008

Quote:Bill, thanks for posting the pics of my impression. It was a total blast to get together and put on our kit for the 1st time. This year will be lots of fun with 1 or 2 more joining in.

I got the hint, I'm working on it. Big Grin Greg, Bill, I didn't recognize you! Y'all look so....stern, resolute and Roman! All you need is a couple of hapless Celtic captives to round out the shots.

Too bad I missed out on the photos. That's what I get for doing my kit the hard way. I gather you're giving rabbit fur a rest, Greg Big Grin ?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 01-14-2008

Very nice impressions guys, a very good start!

Vale,
Jef

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Senovara - 01-15-2008

Awesome impressions! You guys look fierce. Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - maius - 01-15-2008

Thank you Sharon and Jef for your comments Smile . We just got started in Roman reenacting about six months ago, and will be improveing as we go along.

Joel, looking forward to when you get your kit completed, we'll do more pics then. Chris will be joining us around March, after he transfers to Ft. Lewis.

I'll have the tent by the time were ready to set up at Ft. Stevens. Now we need look into getting a vexillum!

Maius/Bill

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Iulius Chattus - 01-17-2008

Salvete,
I´m new here and wanna show you the Roman-Group in which I serve as the Optio: http://www.vindeliker-kohorte.de/augustdorf1.htm

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - maius - 01-17-2008

Great photos Marcus, i enjoyed viewing them. Impressive group!

Welcome to RAT. Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Iulius Chattus - 01-17-2008

Thank you Maius.
Our Cohort, the COHORS IIII VINDELICORUM, is one of the oldest Re-enactment-groups in Germany and more than 25years old!
We show the early 2nd Century AD, around Trajans Dacian Wars, and so, our equipment is heavily influenced by Trajans Column, espeacially the helmets and armour.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 01-22-2008

Here's a picture of some of us (Legio XI CPF belgium) on the march. Thinking about the nice rest we will get when we arrive.

[Image: thomasromeinenfoto.jpg]

Vale,
Jef

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Renius - 01-22-2008

Nice looking pics Marcus and Jef, thanks for posting. I really enjoy seeing everyone else's impressions it helps a total beginner like myself. It is indeed nice when you don't have to march alone.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - maius - 01-22-2008

Impressive group. great pics! Thanks for posting.

Maius/Bill

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Iulius Chattus - 01-23-2008

@ Jef.
Nice picture. Is that guy on the left in the Hamata an Auxillary? How many soldiers are in your Legion?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 01-23-2008

Quote:@ Jef.
Nice picture. Is that guy on the left in the Hamata an Auxillary? How many soldiers are in your Legion?

Salve Marcus. No, he's actualy our centurion. But at this (private) march he carried the vexillum. He didn't have access to his centurion kit at that time. In the picture he is wearing a butted hamata, and those are very rare now in our group. Most of us have correct alternated punched rivetted ones.

Some of us do auxiliary impressions, alongside our legionary impression. But we have a full time Batavian and two Sarmatian archers too.

There are about 15 soldiers in our group (members of Legio XI). But this number keeps growing steadily. There are also some guest-soldiers who join us regularly at events. We've started this group only 2 years ago so this isn't bad IMO. Often we work together with other groups.

Vale,
Jef

Vale,

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Iulius Chattus - 01-23-2008

15 Soldiers?
We are lucky when we get more than 10 soldiers together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - maius - 01-23-2008

Quote:15 Soldiers?
We are lucky when we get more than 10 soldiers together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are lucky to have 4! Sad )

Maius/Bill