RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Quintus Julius Furius - 02-26-2008

[Image: 1204021003.jpg]

[Image: 1204021038.jpg]

[Image: 1204021084.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Quintus Julius Furius - 02-26-2008

[Image: 1204021113.jpg]

[Image: 1204021161.jpg]

[Image: 1204021199.jpg]

[Image: 1204021233.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 02-26-2008

Great impression Seb, heavy velite.... :lol: very cool!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Senovara - 02-26-2008

Very nice! Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - maius - 02-26-2008

Very impressive! Great pics. Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Folkert van Wijk - 02-26-2008

Quote:[Image: 1204021003.jpg]

This one is cool!

This helmet is to me the ultimate Auxilia helmet for that period.
A natural development from the Agen Port helmet from the La Tene III.

I also like the javelins and the quiver, where did you get the idea for that from?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Salvianus - 02-26-2008

Quote:[Image: 1204021084.jpg]

Very nice javelin quiver Quintus Julius! How do you find it in a ruck - does it clear your neckguard and calves?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 03-05-2008

Salvete,

Here's a start at my vexillarius impression. Let me know what you think, I'm always open for suggestions.

[Image: kleinervoorRAT.jpg]

Valete,

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 03-05-2008

And another one. The shoulder pteryges were a bit messed up on my left shoulder it appears Smile

[Image: IMG_3058.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 03-05-2008

aaah, nice skin Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - maius - 03-05-2008

Wow! Looking real good Jef! Smile

Maius/Bill

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Renius - 03-06-2008

I really like the bear skin, the pteryges looks good too.
Did you make the pteryges? Any mods needed with the bear skin?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Theodosius the Great - 03-06-2008

Magnificent, Jef. 8)

The size of the hamata rings look nice and small, (6mm ?). VERY refreshing to see.

I agree with Renius about the pteryges. They look like fabric yet also stiff and durable enough for battle use. I'd be very interested to know your method of construction (perhaps on another thread ?).

Quote:The shoulder pteryges were a bit messed up on my left shoulder it appears

That happens to me all the time and I have no solution yet. What a PITA. But it's not really noticeable in your photo.

The only improvement you could make, as far as I can see, is to lower your tunic a bit so that it is visible beneath the waist pteryges. Or maybe raise the pteryges but that is probably much harder to do.

Is the vexillum your creation as well ? It's great work !
So this is your fourth Roman impression by my count Smile

~Theo

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Celtic505 - 03-06-2008

I would also like to hear about the construction of the pteruges as well, seeing as I've been trying to put together my early principate officer kit for a very long time now (setbacks mostly due to money issues, or lack thereof), As soon as I get my tax return I'm planning on purchasing an attic helm (which manufacturer I'm not sure but narrowing it down) but I'll have to put my progress on hold once I go active duty in may and finish up my training but with that money I should be able to put together the rest of my kit hopefully. My idea for the cothurnus boots I wondered about obtaining a regular domestic cats pelt to use for adorning the top seeing as obtaining a lion cub would be rather difficult, but I wonder how legal, ethical and sane this would be, though the results would be awesome. After seeing many recreations with metallic cats heads they just dont seem right and to me the representations seem to depict the real thing, perhaps with metal behind the face to keep the features from sagging? Though I can always go with the senatorial calcei in the end.