RomanArmyTalk
Looking for a local unit (IllInois) - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Looking for a local unit (IllInois) (/showthread.php?tid=26752)

Looking for a local unit (IllInois) - Bruce Mayhugh - 03-24-2016

Looking for a local unit: My name is Bruce Mayhugh, I am 64 years of age and a lifetime reenactor. I am a resident of Oswego, Illinois. I have kit for 1st Cent. Legionary, and Auxilia kit as well. I also have 3rd Century Roman Marine on England's Saxon Shore. I have several sets of Lorica Squa/and Segmen. I have Lancea, Pilum, and Javelins, Glad/Spatha/Pugio etc.. Scutum's Legionary, Auxilia, and Marine. All of my chain is butted not riveted. I have a load of other kit as well. I was deemed acceptable by the 10th Legion in Chicago but not for active service. They are doing 10th about 30BC with Mortifino Helmets etc. I was also not particularly wanted due to my age. I am extremely active in WW1, WW2, American Civil War, and the SCA. If you can use an old man and and his wife it would be greatly appreciated. I am on facebook, my address is 63 Sierra Road, Montgomery, IL 60538. [email protected] have been a student of all things Roman for many years, and married to a very Brigantes Celtic wife. Want to serve the Eagle if nothing else as a good company clerk. Please advise.

RE: Editing your signature? - Alanus - 03-24-2016

Welcome to RAT!
Somehow, your post ended up in "How to edit your signature." Sooner, or later, one of our moderators will hopefully slide this into the new members intro section. I'm sure there are Roman units not too far from where you live, so you'll get some positive feedback. Be patient, and it's great to have you on-board. Big Grin

RE: Editing your signature? - Robert Vermaat - 03-24-2016

Actually, given that our new member seems to have missed the rule about real names and signatures, it's a good place.. Wink

RE: Looking for a local unit (IllInois) - Renatus - 03-24-2016

That's a bit harsh, Robert, even if it was said as a joke. Remember, new members can be a bit sensitive, if they think that those who are more experienced are having a go at them for their ignorance. You may recall (though I don't suppose you will) our very first exchange in this forum back in 2011.

RE: Looking for a local unit (IllInois) - Bruce Mayhugh - 03-24-2016

Actually, I have no problem with people who deal in superiority, but, I have done 232 school programs in just the last five years. So enjoy the humor because I am older and quite useless around computers. I will see assistance elsewhere. But thank you for the warm greetings. I am sure both of us will survive this warm passing. Have a good day Gentlemen.

RE: Looking for a local unit (IllInois) - Robert Vermaat - 03-27-2016

Nothing harsh meant Bruce, just a friendly wink.
Plus I've added the question to the right forum.

RE: Looking for a local unit (IllInois) - John M McDermott - 03-30-2016

Have you checked with Legion X Chicago?