RomanArmyTalk
Terror attacks in Londinium - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Terror attacks in Londinium (/showthread.php?tid=3575)

Pages: 1 2

Terror attacks in Londinium - FlaviusCrispus - 07-07-2005

My heart goes out to all our brethren in Londinium this terrible day. As I have spent lots of time at each of the tube stops hit by the Jihadists, it hit me like a fist in my stomach when I turned on the news this morning. Be assured that we in the U.S. are with you in your hour of need, as you were in ours.

Can all of our British fratres post in here to assure us they're all right? Julian / Celer? Mark / Varduli? Tarbicus? Crispus? Etc. etc. etc.?

Re: Terror attacks in Londinium - Praefectusclassis - 07-07-2005

I second that sentiment! (but replace US with Netherlands :wink: )
Perhaps though, this thread needs to go to OT.

Re: Terror attacks in Londinium - Robert Vermaat - 07-07-2005

Just moved it. Thanks, Crispus.

Re: Terror attacks in Londinium - A_Volpe - 07-07-2005

Yes, my condolences to all the British "across the pond".
Just when you thought things were starting to turn around. But then I suppose that's a Moron-Terrorist tactic in the first place. :evil:

Egads.

My sister is currently working/living abroad in Scotland, so she got to be witness to the G8 protests and now these bombings. Thankfully she's OK.
(And she thought she had it bad when she was at Northeastern University in Boston MA during the Boston Red Sox World Series victory and New England Patriots Superbowl victory "parties"! Ugh!)

And my brother is currently visiting Washington D.C.

please take care.

Re: Terror attacks in Londinium - Lucius Aurelius Metellus - 07-08-2005

My prayers, thoughts, and love are with our British friends as well.

Re: Terror attacks in Londinium - Quintius Clavus - 07-08-2005

A co-worker's daughter works in the same area of London where the blasts occurred. She is okay, but this morning (our time -Eastern Daylight Savings-in Connecticut, USA) when she called her mother, she was wondering how she was going to get home. She comes into work by bus. It was many years ago, but I've been to the Kings Cross station and to Russell Square in London.
My heartfelt sympathy and prayers for the people of London and their families.

Marcus Quintius Clavus/Quinton
Connecticut, USA

Re: Terror attacks in Londinium - Gaius Octavius Drusus - 07-08-2005

Avete Omnes:

I too have been through some of those stations when I honeymooned in Londinium in 2002. All I can say is that 'Let there be War to the Knife'
I do not think it coincidental that these attacks took place while the G8 summit is underway, and the day after Londinium was awarded the 2012 Olympics...

Vale:

Gaius Octavius Drusus

Re: Terror attacks in Londinium - Jeroen Pelgrom - 07-08-2005

i hope that everybody is OK. Looks like Madrid all over again.... :?

gr, jeroen

Union Jack - Antonius Lucretius - 07-08-2005

A most terrible thing. My heartfelt sympathies to the cousins across the Channel.
However, I do not recall the Union Jack flying at half mast during the London Blitz...

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. "
Sir Winston Churchill, Speech, 1941, Harrow School

Re: Terror attacks in Londinium - Lucius Aurelius Metellus - 07-08-2005

""Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. "
Sir Winston Churchill, Speech, 1941, Harrow School"

Timeless and most excellent advice... :wink:

Fire in the bones - ambrosius - 07-10-2005

Quote: "Never give in--never, never, never, never... Never
yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

You'all can count on it :wink: We wouldn't be Roman, otherwise.

Ambrosius

Re: Terror attacks in Londinium - FAVENTIANVS - 07-11-2005

Any news from RAT Londinium members? Are they ok?

Re: Fire in the bones - Crispvs - 07-11-2005

Message was repeated

Re: Fire in the bones - Crispvs - 07-11-2005

We do not, and will not, give in to terror! Not to the Nazis. Not to the I.R.A. Not to Al quaeda!

I do not live in London and have not heard from anyone there yet. No news though, is generally thought of as good news. However I do live in Birmingham, where the entire city centre had to be evacuated on Saturday night (along with most of the pubs and restaurants across the city) due to a bomb threat which had our police force (who are very experienced in these things) absolutely convinced that Birmingham would be the next place to be hit, so I share some of the concern of the Londoners as well as feeling for them. We do not let this sort of thing distract us too much from our daily lives however, because to do so would be to let the bombers win, which is something we will never allow to happen.

Thank you all for your support!

Crispvs

NOT AFRAID - Antonius Lucretius - 07-21-2005

[url:2f018on5]http://www.werenotafraid.com/[/url]
..And be creative.. I mean better than this..
[url:2f018on5]http://www.werenotafraid.com/images/107/EsterAndErika_Italy.jpg[/url]