RomanArmyTalk
What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? (/showthread.php?tid=3949)

Pages: 1 2

What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - GBaxter - 10-09-2005

If you had the opportunity to have been a Roman Emperor, what
creatively witty Roman type of name/s would you take on, or have
taken ?

The names of any and all real life Roman Emperors can't be used,
but any witty variation/s on any real Roman Emperor names would
be ok.

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - Jona Lendering - 10-09-2005

I've always liked Gladjanus, which is a Dutch expression that means something like "slicker".

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - Tasciavanous - 10-10-2005

I think that magnus decimus maximus would be quite amusing. But that's because I'm very loosely translating it as biggest big boy the 10Th. The python team had the best of all comedy "Roman" names with Biggus Dickus who ranks as high as any in Rome (but said with a lisp). For myself I would have to be Inconstantine the variable.

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - Jona Lendering - 10-10-2005

Which reminds me of an inscription I once saw in a church in Rome: it said that this was the place where Maximus Peccator was resting in peace. I still wonder if this man was called Maximus and confessed that he was a sinner, or that the dead man wished to remain anonymous because he was the greatest sinner.

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - Arrian - 10-11-2005

I think I'd just stick with the name my parents gave me. 8)

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - A_Volpe - 10-12-2005

Tasciavanous:
Quote:Inconstantine the variable.

ROTFL :lol:

too funny!

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - FAVENTIANVS - 10-13-2005

Faventianus Obtussus.

What's ROTFL?

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - NightHunter24 - 10-13-2005

ROTFL: Rolls or rolling On The FLoor :lol:

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - Jeroen Pelgrom - 10-13-2005

I would use the Greek version of my name: Hieronymus

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - FAVENTIANVS - 10-13-2005

Rolls or rolling On The FLoor ? What does it mean? I mean, in what context you use it?

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - Robert Vermaat - 10-13-2005

Quote:Rolls or rolling On The FLoor ? What does it mean? I mean, in what context you use it?
He forgot to mention the 'L':
ROTFL=Rolls /Rolling On The FLoor Laughing! Big Grin

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA! Thanx again Robert!

Roman imperial name - Gaius Octavius Drusus - 10-15-2005

Avete Fraterii:

I would simply use my Roman name:

Gaius Octavius Drusus

This way, I can abbreviate it. And on some fine day in the month of Augustus, when spineless senators and various members of the Patrician abase themselves before me whining and pleading for some imperial favor, they can say that they talked to G.O.D.....:-) )

Vale:

Gaius

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - FAVENTIANVS - 10-15-2005

:lol: :lol: :lol: Pretty smart drusus!!!

Re: What name would you have, if you were a Roman Emperor? - A_Volpe - 10-18-2005

Rolling On The Floor Laughing

Yeah...Sorry.

well...at least I don't use 733t speak or whatever the heck that mumbo-jumbo is. :roll: