RomanArmyTalk
Happy new year!! - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Happy new year!! (/showthread.php?tid=4426)

Happy new year!! - hoplite14gr - 12-30-2005

I wish you all a prosperous 2006!!!
Kind regards
Stefanos

Re: Happy new year!! - Marius_Ursus - 12-30-2005

Happy New Year to all!

Re: Happy new year!! - Comerus Gallus - 12-30-2005

And I, wish you the best in 2006.

Re: Happy new year!! - Praefectusclassis - 12-30-2005

A little early, but Happy New Year from me too. And soon it's RAT's 5th birthday too!

Re: Happy new year!! - hoplite14gr - 12-31-2005

Quote:A little early, but Happy New Year from me too. And soon it's RAT's 5th birthday too!

Five is a lucky number but I wish the RAT to go on into eternity!!
Kind regards

Re: Happy new year!! - caiusbeerquitius - 12-31-2005

Happy New Year & Happy New Year's Party!
Cheers!

Re: Happy new year!! - Jona Lendering - 01-01-2006

All of you, have a splendid new year! Live long & prosper.

Re: Happy new year!! - Tarbicus - 01-01-2006

Happy New Year everyone! Big Grin And don't forget, as the Babylonians did, it's time to make a resolution to return that farm equipment you borrowed.

A Happy New Year, from Ovid. - Antonius Lucretius - 01-01-2006

Two-headed Janus, opener of the softly gliding year, thou who alone of the celestials dost behold thy back, O come propitious to the chiefs who toil ensures peace to the fruitful earth, peace to the sea. And come propitious to thy senators and to the people of Quirinus, and by thy nod unbar the temples white. A happy morning dawns. Fair speech, fair thoughts I crave! Now must good words be spoken on a good day. Let ears be rid of suits, and banish mad disputes forthwith! Thou rancorous tongue, adjourn thy wagging! Dost mark how the sky sparkles with fragrant fires, and how Cilician saffron crackles on the kindled hearths? The flame with its own splendor beats upon the temples' gold and spreads a flickering radiance on the hallowed roof. In spotless garments the procession wends to the Tarpeian towers: the people wear the color of the festal day; and now new rods of office lead the way, new purple gleams, and a new weight is felt by the far-seen ivory chair. Heifers, unbroken to the yoke, offer their necks to the axe, heifers that cropped the sward on the true Faliscan plains. When from his citadel Jupiter looks abroad on the whole globe, naught but the Roman empire meets his eye. Hail, happy day! and evermore return still happier, day worthy to be kept holy by a people the masters of the world.

Ovid, The Fasti.

Re: Happy new year!! - Arthes - 01-01-2006

Greetings,
and how to follow Ovid?
Much happiness and joy is wished for all in 2006.
Best Wishes
Arthes

Re: Happy new year!! - Salvianus - 01-01-2006

All the best for the New Year, folks.

Chocolate Port makes for a very good start!
Big Grin

Re: Happy new year!! - NightHunter24 - 01-02-2006

I think I'm rather late to the party....but Happy New Years to all of you. Hoping for bigger and better thing in 2006! Smile

Re: Happy new year!! - Jeroen Pelgrom - 01-03-2006

happy new year everyone!

Re: Happy new year!! - Crispvs - 01-04-2006

Happy New Year comilites et fratres!

Crispvs Big Grin