RomanArmyTalk
Ye New Moderator type... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Ye New Moderator type... (/showthread.php?tid=51)

Ye New Moderator type... - Anonymous - 07-19-2002

Salve!<br>
<br>
Guess I needed to pop up my ugly head and say hello to this nifty group of bandits I have agreed to moderate...(I gotta be nuts...) Y'all know the rules (poor US southern accent), so keep by em and I'll be a nice guy...otherwise I'll get out my centurion attitude...E EM<br>
<br>
enjoy... <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>
Legio III Augusta</p><i></i>

Re: Ye New Moderator type... - Praefectusclassis - 07-19-2002

Your centurion attitude? Hmmm, have you noticed that the most vocal types here have been promoted to much higher ranks? <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>

Re: Ye New Moderator type... - Anonymous - 07-19-2002

I'm not vocal...much...remember the Tiger tank in another thread???E EM<br>
<br>
I just carry a BIG vitis! <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>

Re: Ye New Moderator type... - Praefectusclassis - 07-19-2002

What about that Tiger? Do you have a silly accent?<br>
And as long as people don't call you 'gimme another', you're doing well as moderator. <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>

LOL...Just recognized that reference, Jasper...From The Annals by Tacitus...<br>
<br>
Yes, that would be a very bad thing... <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>

And here I thought being vocal was punishable by a good whacking! <p>"Remember, pillage first....then burn."</p><i></i>

Re: silly accents - naso - 07-19-2002

surely your not from the southern US since you wrote the contraction correctly. Here most people write it as Ya'll which makes absolutely no sense. Oh well<br>
<br>
Naso <p></p><i></i>

Re: silly accents - Anonymous - 07-20-2002

E EM ...<br>
<br>
Actually I'm sitting right here in Jacksonville, FL... <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>

Re: silly accents - naso - 07-21-2002

Oh well, the correct grammar threw me off. Though I suppose people would say the same about me since I do the same thing and I've lived in the southeastern US my entire life. You know though Florida isn't considered southern any more but you are further north so I suppose you might be an exception<br>
<br>
Naso <p></p><i></i>

Re: silly accents - Caius Fabius - 07-21-2002

"Y'all" or "you'all" is the proper second person plural of the pronoun. If you do much latin translation, this becomes very helpful.<br>
<br>
"You'uns" is the less correct plural, and "you" used as a plural is for people who get confused with numbers greater than one.<br>
<p>"Just before class started, I looked in the big book where all the world's history is written, and it said...." Neil J. Hackett, PhD ancient history, professor OSU, 1987</p><i></i>