RomanArmyTalk
The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Research Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: References & Reviews (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs (/showthread.php?tid=5247)

Pages: 1 2

The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Titus Martius - 03-31-2006

[Image: 1861262647.jpg]
I got this book today and found it beautiful! Contains excellent color photographs of soldiers and their equipment. I recommend this title to everybody who wants the best pictures!

Here is link to Amazon:
[amazon]Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs (Europa Militaria)[/amazon] by Dan Peterson.

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Robert Vermaat - 03-31-2006

Aww, Dan Peterson will be so pleased with that comment! Big Grin

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Titus Martius - 04-01-2006

:lol:
This book is really excellent for the best impression of roman soldiers from hoplite to the late army. I haven't found better photos on internet or in other books!

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Virilis - 04-01-2006

You`re absolutely right, Titus!

I can relate to your enthusiasm about the book. There were some thoughts about publishing a same kind of book about roman cavalry some time ago. Pictures about sarmatian influenced cataphracts and early byzantine cavalry.... Dream that perhaps never comes true :wink: ...

My only complaint about the "Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs" is that there are no photos of the evolution of the roman swords. There are no Gladius Hispanienses, Pompeii Gladius or late spathas with their blades exposed.... Still, a must for a re-enactor!

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Titus Martius - 04-01-2006

Quote:Dream that perhaps never comes true

Hmm...It's pitty.

It would be excellent to have a new enlarged edition of Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs including missing items, then the book would be PERFECT (then I will give six stars from five :lol: ).

Mr. Peterson, I salute you!

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Conal - 04-03-2006

He could have got a better looking Centurion for the front cover though :roll:

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Praefectusclassis - 04-03-2006

That is him though :wink:

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Titus Martius - 04-03-2006

:lol:

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Tarbicus - 04-03-2006

So, Conal, it's now Monday. Who are you gonna insult today? :wink:

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - FAVENTIANVS - 04-04-2006

I heard Dan was preparing a 2nd book...

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Chuck Russell - 04-04-2006

oh? kewl. i love the recreated in photograph books. its always nice to see others interpretations.

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Conal - 04-04-2006

Moi .... insult noooooo Cry I'm sure a seasoned vet Centurion can put up with a bit of ribbing from the troops !!!

I love the book really ... and Dan ... I also have his other Europa titles on camoflage ... uses that same hansom visage on the covers too
:twisted:

There is a bit of "see inside" on the amazon.co.uk site.

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Tarbicus - 04-04-2006

Quote:There is a bit of "see inside" on the amazon.co.uk site.
Speaking of which, what's this?

The Roman Soldier, by Dan Peterson

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Praefectusclassis - 04-04-2006

Quote:what's this?
I think it's what's to be, i.e. it isn't anything yet.

Re: The Roman Legions Recreated in Colour Photographs - Titus Martius - 04-04-2006

Quote:I heard Dan was preparing a 2nd book...

Wow, that's good news!