RomanArmyTalk
Helmet Database - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Romanarmy.com Projects (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Forum: Helmet Database (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: Helmet Database (/showthread.php?tid=5742)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Helmet Database - Praefectusclassis - 12-03-2006

Hi Jozsef,
Sorry for the mistakes. They'll be corrected!

Jasper

Re: Helmet Database - Iosephus - 12-03-2006

You're welcome!
Big Grin

Hi - deepeeka - 02-14-2007

I think I missed out somewhere. Surely, there was a link somewhere which showed many original helmets with their writeups and short narrations. What is that link. I thought it was the image database.

Gagan

Re: Hi - jvrjenivs - 02-14-2007

Quote:I think I missed out somewhere. Surely, there was a link somewhere which showed many original helmets with their writeups and short narrations. What is that link. I thought it was the image database.

Gagan

Gagan, do you mean the Helmet database at
www.romanarmy.com/cms/component/option,com_helmets/Itemid,96/

Re: Helmet Database - caiusbeerquitius - 09-11-2007

The helmet here is classified wrong. There were two helmets found in Augsburg Pfersee, one is in Augsburg now, the other in Nürnberg. The one on the pics I took is the one in Augsburg.

Helmet database - Helveticus Palatinae - 10-15-2007

Hello everybody,
I studied the helmet-database and i have to congratulate. You have done a impressive work together and i found many interesting items.
Of course i controlled the helmets from Windisch-Vindonissa and ther i found a mistake (the one you show at the images is not the one you describe in the text). There exist two helmets in Windisch-Vindonissa of Imperial-Gallic type. The description is for the so-calles "Fell-Helm" and the images are from the one without traces of skin or leather.
Is it allowed to send photos and a description of that second helmet?
Greetings, Eckhard

Re: Helmet Database - Praefectusclassis - 10-15-2007

Hi Eckhard,
It is certainly allowed to do that! Please feel free to contribute to any and all databases on the site. You'll only run the risk of being enlisted as editor. :wink:

Helmet database - Helveticus Palatinae - 10-15-2007

ok, I will do so. Just let me a bit time (2 or 3 days).
Greetings, Eckhard

Helmets correction - Helveticus Palatinae - 10-29-2007

Hello,
Sorry for the delay but now I want to continue with my addenda to the helmet database.
First of all I would like to make a correction to the existing data set of the helmet from Windisch which has been published in the database.
I have correct photos of that helmet. How can I send them? They are about 800-900 Kb each.
I would also like to make a correction with the dating. This helmet has been found in a pit with late augustan dating and should be therefore manufactured in augustan time.
Greetings Eckhard

Re: Helmet Database - Praefectusclassis - 10-31-2007

Hi Eckhard,
You can send any corrections/updates/additions to Jasper *AT* Romanarmy.com

Re: Helmet Database - caiusbeerquitius - 10-31-2007

Quote:The helmet here is classified wrong. There were two helmets found in Augsburg Pfersee, one is in Augsburg now, the other in Nürnberg. The one on the pics I took is the one in Augsburg.
Anyone read this? Smile

Re: Helmet Database - Praefectusclassis - 10-31-2007

I did. One reason why I opened the discussion on the future of RAT is that the way the site is set up now, generally means that everyone collects stuff and puts it at my feet and waits for me to update the site. Which can take a while (ok, lately, it's been taking forever).

Helmet Database - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 12-18-2014

Hello

What's happens with the helmet database? How can we consult it?

Helmet Database - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 12-19-2014

There is'nt any administrator who can answer, please?

Helmet Database - tiberius aemilius naso - 12-19-2014

Cesar, the database has been down for ¿a couple? of years. I've read that it is difficult to bring it back (a big effort technically, without the resources needed, both human and, probably, economical, available). It's a pity! I hope they can find a way to do it some time in the future (a crowdfunding campaing among RAT users?), so we can use it and build it collaboratively.