RomanArmyTalk
Paper needed - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Research Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Roman Military History & Archaeology (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Paper needed (/showthread.php?tid=7500)

Pages: 1 2 3

Paper needed - aitor iriarte - 11-22-2006

Hi,
Again in search of an obscure German paper, sorry! Tongue

H. Born, Projektvorschlag zur technologischen Untersuchung spatromischer Kamm, Acta Prehistorica et Archaeologica 35, 2003 pp 81-91 pl 13.

Many thanks in advance! Big Grin

Aitor

Re: Paper needed - Ioannis - 11-22-2006

Aitor, I think I could find it. I'll let you know as soon as I have more.

Re: Paper needed - aitor iriarte - 11-23-2006

Many thanks, Ioannis! Big Grin

Aitor

Re: Paper needed - Martin Moser - 11-23-2006

Hi Aitor,

the State Library in Munich has it:

Acta Praehistorica et Archaeologica 35, 2003.
Born, Hermann <B061>:
Projektvorschlag zur technologischen Untersuchung spätrömischer Kamm- und frühmittelalterlicher Spangenhelme (79-89).
A project-proposal for the technological examination of Late Roman crested helmets and early medieval “Spangenhelmeâ€

Re: Paper needed - Robert Vermaat - 11-23-2006

YES!!

Vogt, Mahand <V049>:
Die frühmittelalterliche Spangenhelme -
Ein Überblick zu archäologischen, kunsthistorischen und herstellungstechnischen Problemen (9-29).
Early medieval “Spangenhelmeâ€

Many thanks to you too, Martin.Big Grin
My interest on Spangenhelme is not as keen as that of Robert and I'd be happy just with Born's paper. Anyway, I would need the data on the Guttmann Intercisa IV ASAP because I need them for the next step of my Intercisa IV project for Deepeeka! :roll:

This other paper looks fine, too: 8)

Raub, Christoph J. <R122>:
Möglichkeiten der Vergoldung von Kupfer, Bronze, Eisen und Silber im 6. Jahrhundert n.Chr. (99-105).
The possibilities of the gold-plating of copper, bronze, iron and silver in the 6th century A.D..

Aitor

Re: Paper needed - Martin Moser - 11-23-2006

The earliest I could get it is the week after next, as ordering it at the State Library takes 5-7 days and I'm not in Munich every day ...

Let me know when/what you hear from Ioannis (I ordered it now anyway ...)

Many, many thanks, Martin! Big Grin
In any case, better twice than none! :wink:

Aitor

Re: Paper needed - aitor iriarte - 12-14-2006

Hi again,
Martin is experiencing difficulties with the library where the book is alleguedly kept... :?
Is there any chance of getting a copy of that paper elsewhere, please?
Otherwise, I'll have to finish my Intercisa IV project without taking into account that potentially relevant information... Sad

Thanks,

Aitor

Re: Paper needed - gaiusseptimiuslucianus - 12-16-2006

Quote:Hi again,
Martin is experiencing difficulties with the library where the book is alleguedly kept... :?
Is there any chance of getting a copy of that paper elsewhere, please?
Otherwise, I'll have to finish my Intercisa IV project without taking into account that potentially relevant information... Sad
Thanks,
Aitor

Aitor,

I'm pretty sure I can get this paper for you as that journal is in one of the libraries at work. I will be going over there early next week and can copy it then. If you email privately with your address I can put it in the mail to you.

Lucianus
_______
L.E. Pearson

Re: Paper needed - Flavius Promotus - 12-16-2006

Just tried to find this book via the 'Gateway Bayern' search engine, but without success, sorry Sad

Just another moment - the relevant issue (35, yes?) of Acta Archaeologica may well be in our library, of which I am currently sitting less than 200 m away!!!

Unfortunately, it's Saturday evening, and the library is closed
Cry

Aitor, I could give it a try on monday!!

Florian

Re: Paper needed - Martin Moser - 12-17-2006

Quote:Just tried to find this book via the 'Gateway Bayern' search engine, but without success, sorry Sad

Funny, I just searched through Gateway Bayern (didn't know about that yet, thanks Florian!) and got 4 hits. 1 of them lists:

Universitätsbibliothek Regensburg (Sigel: 355)

so maybe you can get it for Aitor, as this volume apparently is lost/misplaced in the Stabi in Munich ...

Re: Paper needed - aitor iriarte - 12-17-2006

Many, many thanks, folks! Big Grin D
Lucianus, if Florian doesn't succeed in getting the paper, Ill send you a PM :wink:
Florian, if it would be possible, try to take the Abb.s and the Taf.s as accurately as possible. I'm trying to retrieve information about how that helmet crest is constructed. Of course, it could be explained on that paper or it couldn't, but to fix that falls beyond our mights... :roll:

Aitor

Re: Paper needed - Flavius Promotus - 12-18-2006

Quote:Funny, I just searched through Gateway Bayern (didn't know about that yet, thanks Florian!) and got 4 hits.

Confusedhock: - the office computer is more inaccurate than I thought Confusedhock:
[wenn d'r Schreiber nix taugt, kriagt d' Feder die Schuld :lol: ]

Quote:Florian, if it would be possible, try to take the Abb.s and the Taf.s as accurately as possible.

Will try! Maybe I can even find the time for a couple of close up scans, but I cannot promise anything as I have to hand in a paper on Friday, and still have a lot of work to do if I want to complete it. :?

Aitor, can you send me a PM with your snail mail adress?

Florian

Re: Paper needed - Flavius Promotus - 12-18-2006

FAECES!

Although the computer says the volume should be in the shelf - it is not!
Vols. 33 and 34 are also missing Confusedhock:
I asked the information guys, but they knew Jack Sh**.

Sorry Sad

Maybe Lucianus is more successful...