RomanArmyTalk
Best spoof ever? - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Best spoof ever? (/showthread.php?tid=8556)

Best spoof ever? - mcbishop - 02-27-2007

Now this is either the best spoof ever (my preferred option in that there is hope for humanity), or somebody actually takes this seriously (spookily scary in that we are all doomed). I bring you (if you haven't already stumbled across it) The Conservapedia. Think of it as Wikipedia for neocons. I particularly enjoyed the piece on The Roman Empire, backed up as it is by the authority of 'Suetonious' [sic] and vouchsafing the fact that Britain had been part of the Roman Empire since 41 BC. The most magnificent quote is, however, kept for the end: 'The Roman Empire built roads that connected roads that connected with the Silk Road': so now you know ;-)

Be warned, their server is sloooooooowwwwww......

Mike Bishop

Re: Best spoof ever? - Narukami - 02-27-2007

Confusedhock: :? roll:

Who are these guys kidding?

This has got to be a joke, or if not it is the perfect argument for better History teaching in High School.

The gods look down and laugh, if they bother to look down at all...

:wink:

Narukami

Re: Best spoof ever? - Martin Moser - 02-28-2007

Just look at the Main Page - says it all ...

Re: Best spoof ever? - Martin Wallgren - 02-28-2007

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: :lol: 8)

Oh, I laught too much! The training mondaynight is quite in my body and it hurts to laugh.

But I can´t help myself. Gotta take one more peak. Ouch!

Re: Best spoof ever? - MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS - 03-02-2007

Conservapedia is a much-needed alternative to Wikipedia, which is increasingly anti-Christian and anti-American. On Wikipedia, many of the dates are provided in the anti-Christian "C.E." instead of "A.D.", which Conservapedia uses. Christianity receives no credit for the great advances and discoveries it inspired, such as those of the Renaissance.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

M.VIB.M.

Re: Best spoof ever? - Gaius Julius Caesar - 03-02-2007

The in depth article about Ho Chi Minh speaks volumns! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Confusedhock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Best spoof ever? - Arthes - 03-03-2007

I went for a random page got The Age of Pericles...(well, appropriate enough) then the Hyskos....

Then I noticed........using those 'anti Christian' dates :lol:
Ancient History (Creation-500 AD)
The Middle Ages (500 CE-1500 AD)
The Renaissance (1300 CE-1600 AD)
Pre Modern Era (1500 CE-1900 AD)
Modern Era (1900 CE-Current)
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Re: Best spoof ever? - Robert Vermaat - 03-03-2007

Quote:Then I noticed........using those 'anti Christian' dates :lol:
You didn't. Big Grin 500CE - 1500AD??

CE stands for 'current Era', 'Christian Era', or 'Common Era' or something similarly silly, but the thing is that CE and AD are the same.

Or is that website using CE and AD mixed up together?