RomanArmyTalk
A Roman Domus - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Gaming & Modelling (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: A Roman Domus (/showthread.php?tid=8773)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A Roman Domus - Decimus_Vitus - 03-19-2007

I just finished my beta version of a Roman Domus (home) complete with Atrium, Tablinum, Peristyle on and on... It's created in 3D using Cinema 4. I still have much to do. It set up right now to point and click to navigate as you travel to each room. Just go to my home page and enter the door. My servant will show you in. All are welcome.

Cheers,
Decimus

Ancientvine.com

Re: A Roman Domus - Martin Moser - 03-19-2007

Very very nice!

Re: A Roman Domus - Luca - 03-19-2007

Laudes!

Just a tech issue: I can only go forward. No left, no right, no back....

Re: A Roman Domus - Decimus_Vitus - 03-19-2007

Thanks for your kind words.

On most screens you should be able to move forward, left & right. On some screen in the culina try selecting bottom center wherever there is a "hotspot" . There may be some hidden ones as well. But you should be able to navigate throughout most of the Domus, except for the cubiculums , triclinium and slave quarters which are still under construction.

Re: A Roman Domus - caiusbeerquitius - 03-19-2007

Great! Laudes!

Re: A Roman Domus - Peroni - 03-20-2007

Thoroughly enjoyable!

Congratulations! Big Grin

Re: A Roman Domus - Decimus Apollonius - 05-21-2007

Very Talented, and I like your name :lol:

Re: A Roman Domus - arminius - 05-25-2007

Good work!

Very nice, indeed.

Andreas

Re: A Roman Domus - M. Demetrius - 05-26-2007

And a click of the + from me, too! Wonderful work! I almost expected someone to walk into the room with me!

Re: A Roman Domus - Gaius Julius Caesar - 05-26-2007

Hey there Decimus! Some nice work. You have the phone number of the cute blond in the bath, or was she a figment of your imagination!

Great stuff! 8)

Re: A Roman Domus - Tarbicus - 05-26-2007

Top stuff. Big Grin

Re: A Roman Domus - Decimus_Vitus - 05-30-2007

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I still have much to do and fix....I would like to incorporate the whole domus into Flash so that sounds and some animation can enhance the experience. Perhaps a storyline and an exploration adventure. I'm going back and forth whether to add figures into the scenes. After the domus I will be venturing out into the street. Meaning the user would be able to go out onto the street (much like Pompeii, Ostia) and visit a bakery or taverna. Then who knows...

Cheers!

Re: A Roman Domus - andym - 07-11-2007

Most excellent,reminds me of MYST!Bravo!

Re: A Roman Domus - Senovara - 08-06-2007

Brilliant site, Decimus! Some of it takes a while to load (I hate my dial-up internet, grrr.), but I had fun wandering through all the rooms. I hope you do more!

Re: A Roman Domus - Comerus Gallus - 08-06-2007

I love the collection of the women!