RomanArmyTalk
What sports do you play? - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: What sports do you play? (/showthread.php?tid=8974)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

What sports do you play? - Et tu brute - 04-08-2007

I myself play quite a few sports, here they are:
Horse riding: Been doing it for 5 years, I absoloutly love, i'd also love to do Roman cavalry reenactment someday.

Golf: Just started playing again after not playing for about 6 months.

Snooker: been playing for a few months now, really enjoying it.

Cricket: been playing for nearly a year now, play for my local team.

Out of all of them i'd say the Riding is probably my favourite, and definately the one i'm best at, I also do it the most, atleast once a week, but over the past couple of weeks i've been riding about once every other day (because of the holidays).

Re: What sports do you play? - Paullus - 04-08-2007

I play a couple of sports:

My main sport, if you will, is martial arts, in particular Wado karate. Practical and fun at the same time.

Being a Canadian, hockey is a must Wink Street, pick up, or (most commonly) shinny.

Also play baseball and pool in lesser amounts.

I would like to learn how to ride a horse and golf. As a future accountant, the latter will prove rather....necessary :lol:

Re: What sports do you play? - Et tu brute - 04-08-2007

Lol, I used to do Karate (the type escapes me) i've been considering trying out Aikdo for a while, i'd love to try Ju-jitsu (sp?) but nowhere near me teaches it.

Re: What sports do you play? - FAVENTIANVS - 04-08-2007

Indoor soccer goalkeeper, but Baseball my fav, I'm a frustrated pitcher... :?

Re: What sports do you play? - Jona Lendering - 04-08-2007

Trying to survive the Amsterdam traffic on bicycle - Christy (Satsobek) explains why that's top sport. :wink:

Re: What sports do you play? - Steve Lenz - 04-08-2007

Since over 30 years martial arts (Judo, Aikido, Iaido, kendo, kyudo), european wrestling, weightlifting (former natural bodybuilder), swimming, climbing, a few years ago parachuting and diving.

This year i want to start with "le parcours"...

Re: What sports do you play? - M.H. White - 04-09-2007

Currently, I play racquetball (great sport, btw), and golf, which I've been playing since I was like 12. I used to play football (the men's, er . . . I mean American kind) :wink: I do lots of other stuff that could be considered sports, but those are the 'ballgame' types.

I'd love to do horse riding, but I don't have land to keep any on, and my grandpa doesn't keep them any more.

Re: What sports do you play? - Et tu brute - 04-09-2007

Not have a local riding school? I don't have my own horse either, but i'd love one.

Quote:Trying to survive the Amsterdam traffic on bicycle - Christy (Satsobek) explains why that's top sport.

Sounds like you should get danger pay from the council!

Quote:This year i want to start with "le parcours"...

As in Parkour, or free running?

edit - Can't get this damn quote thing to work properly :evil:

Re: What sports do you play? - Robert Vermaat - 04-09-2007

Quote:edit - Can't get this damn quote thing to work properly :evil:

You wrote qoute instead of quote Big Grin

Re: What sports do you play? - Caballo - 04-09-2007

"As in Parkour, or free running? " Now that in full armour would be VERY impressive!!

As for me , its rugby all autumn, winter, and spring- though I now coach and watch more than play!

Quote:
Et tu brute:35bvise6 Wrote:edit - Can't get this damn quote thing to work properly :evil:

You wrote qoute instead of quote Big Grin

:oops: Yet I spelt it right in my post :lol:

Quote:As for me , its rugby all autumn, winter, and spring- though I now coach and watch more than play!

I'm too skinny to play rugby lol i'm about 5 "3 - 5 "4 and 6 stone 5.

Re: What sports do you play? - Caballo - 04-09-2007

"i'm about 5 "3 - 5 "4 and 6 stone 5." But great for fast cavalry!

I'm too skinny to play rugby" I've increasingly got the opposite problem!!

Lol, well, reenacting Roman cav is a dream of mine, also something to do with horses would be a fantastic job aswell, but alas there aren't that many of them Sad

Re: What sports do you play? - Steve Lenz - 04-09-2007

Quote:As in Parkour, or free running?

The first time i will make a fix course to drill the moves, later free running.

Quote:Now that in full armour would be VERY impressive!!

In my days as paratrooper i´ve enjoyed the obstacle course in full "armour" (with parachute, emergency parachute, biwak gear, assault rifle and 250 rounds ammo) - and is was a "painfull fun"! 8)

In my urnfield culture kit it would be easy! :wink:

Re: What sports do you play? - Primvs Pavlvs - 04-09-2007

Target Shooting, Hiking and backpacking.