Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caer Lêb (Roman settlement in Wales)
Looking for the Google Earth coordinates of the third-century Roman settlement of Caer Lêb (satellite photo), I discovered that it is just west of the modern village of Brynsiencyn, in a community called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Who, which poet, invented this name? It's splendid! I must go there! I've been to Uch and I've been to Krk; my life will forever feel empty if I haven't been in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

I am sure that you will all agree that we must organize the next RAT conference in Wales.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Hi Jona

It was only invented in the 19th century so they could have the longest name on a railway station! Big Grin

I agree to having the next RAT conference around here though but Chester would be better! :wink:

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:It was only invented in the 19th century so they could have the longest name on a railway station! Big Grin
The Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogochians certainly succeeded! I'm still smiling.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman settlement in the USA Jona Lendering 18 3,626 09-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Iagoba