Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof! Trooper Helm is Celtic abomination!!
Finally! And no wonder the Celts fought naked.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Doar Drrüboooar! moine frässä is dos geiöl! schgehvollab! :woot:
Als Mensch zu dumm, als Schwein zu kleine Ohren...

Jürgen Graßler

www.schorsch-der-schmied.de
www.facebook.com/pages/AG-Historisches-Handwerk/203702642993872
The trooper helmet is a Celtic abomination? More like a Museum Replicas piece of garbage! :grin:
Regards, Jason
It was in context/juxtaposition in the photo. The magazine put the word "Celt" with the trooper helm throughout.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Did they show a Celt wearing one? What was the magazine? Whatever it is, pretty off historically to show a trooper, even more to call it "Celtic".
Regards, Jason
It was in Barnes & Noble, but I will have to go back to get the title. Something about how ancient things worked or such.
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Still, pretty ridiculous to show a trooper helmet. That thing is probably the most infamous object in the Roman reenactment world. If they wanted to portray a Celtic helmet, why not a port style? A trooper is the last thing I would want to put as a Celtic helmet. They are just Windlass junk, not even ancient! I cannot believe some of these people... I was just on Pinterest, and there was a thousand people claiming the trooper was " accurate ". I referred them all to the Legio XX website to look at some real helmets.
Regards, Jason

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,251 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  LOL, Trooper helm DanM 14 3,341 06-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Na Saighdiuir
  Roman Trooper helm in Starsky and Hutch... Anonymous 0 856 03-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Anonymous