Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiences on videoprojectors?
Salve!

I borrowed from a workplace a dataprojector and tried it with my DVD- player. The image was shot on my "whitish" ceiling tapestry. I tried the opening scene of the gladiator....

It was very impressive! The projector wasn`t even meant for movies, mainly data. Now I have ordered a Sanyo videoprojector (for movies, 16:9) and have made my own screen. I am planning to watch all Hollywood roman classics and much more....

Does anyone else have any experiences on watching movies with a projector in this forum? The quality of the projectors nowadays totally caught me off-quard :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
A mate bought a Sony home cinema system, and we watched Return of the King on it. It was like being in the cinema, but you could tell the projectionist to keep replaying the bit where Eowyn gives it truly to the Witchking of Angmar. I think the Sony system has a very clever way of improving and interpolating the pixels for large projections, and there were no tell tale dark fringes in high contrast areas. But we were rather drunk and it was very late (Christmas), so perhaps it was worse than 8mm without the beer goggles. Confusedhock: But it was projected very big (10 feet across at a guess).
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!