Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some pictures from the First Ancient Greek Festival!
Photo showing an 'At Ease' moment from a Hoplite Association drill display (click to see the image)
------

[Image: departure.jpg]

This reconstruction of a departure scene is not based on a particular vase, neither had the characters involved - from left to right, Olga (Stefanos' better half) portraying the Hoplite's wife / mother, Paul Allen portraying the Hoplite, and Stefanos, as the Hoplite's father, assumed their positions at the point the picture was taken.

This is something I would like to continue working on... beholding such a creation sort of revolutionizes the way you analyze the scene. It gives you an idea of what taking leave of the loved ones was like back then.

[Image: Athena.jpg]

Myself having adopted the pose of the Athena statue from Parthenon... I then discovered that I should have pushed the helmet up my head.

[Image: Hoplite.jpg]

Hmm, that linothorax was far too large on me, I think...
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
I wish I could've come over Sad

How was the event ?
a.k.a. Daan Vanhamme
It was a blast, as most of us would say.
You should have seen mine and Arthes' little Heroic Age style duel in the night... Smile

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

Quote:It was a blast, as most of us would say.
You should have seen mine and Arthes' little Heroic Age style duel in the night... Smile
It was great...... Big Grin
I haven't come across any photos of us two as yet.....oh well!!!
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
I think everyone in possession of a camera was busy feasting, drinking and discussing politics at that point... Cry Smile

- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: george.jpg]

And here's George, ex-HA member, now running a school visit business on his own.

- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

It's a pity that you couldn't make it to the Festival, Gioi. Sad

There was, however, some talk of a second edition of the Festival overseas, at Nashville.

- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ancient Music Festival Susanna 2 1,336 08-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Susanna
  International Ancient Greek Festival 2007/2008 Anonymous 46 12,652 08-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Last Post: hoplite14gr
  Ancient Greek Festival Anonymous 17 4,374 08-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Last Post: hoplite14gr