Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might be a little short for the front lines.....
Meet the newest legionnaire....."Orange Julius". What he is lacking in size, he more than makes up for with spirit. Our work has a Halloween pumpkin decorating contest, but you cannot carve it. I made a 1/4 replica pumpkin Roman. And yes, that is a 1/4 scale Scutum down to the brass boss, leather stiched rim, center grip, and reinforcements on the back side. I used a Gladius letter opener and a miniature "roman helmet", and then I made the Sagum to cover his body from 100% wool. I apparently have WAYYYY too much time on my hands.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
Quote:Meet the newest legionnaire....."Orange Julius". ....... I apparently have WAYYYY too much time on my hands.

Yep :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
AWESOME!!!
Roman Name: Gaius Marcius Gracilis

AKA: Mark Headlee
I do not know about having too much time on ones hands, however, I must say that it is 8)
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Great looking legionnaire! Smile

I'm sure your new recruit, "Orange Julius" will be an asset to your group. Thanks for the pics.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Pumpkin legion?? Let's squash that rumor right now!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Yeah, I figured this would be the one place to appreciate the dry humor of my entry. I ordered a Gallic mini helm and they sent the wrong one. Oh well, not time to replace it. Now it is on to real work.....Lining my corinthian helm and making a crest.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
Load him in a Onager and send him over the wall!
Punkin chunkin! Yeah, frater, go for it!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
After the contest, I think his fate is intertwined with a 70lb PSE's carbon arrow with a camera filiming it all from the side......
Chris Boatcallie
Wow! That should be a very penetrating set of photos!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding panel lines to the Stained Tents rusty myers 21 4,098 07-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Last Post: rusty myers
  On the Front Line ... the Very Front Mithras 2 1,430 06-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Mithras