Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help With a Name
I don't know that I will ever re-enact per se, but with the completion of a Roman Kit and with my ancestors being Roman, I would like to pick a name for the hell of it and to use at least when I wear it to fair. My uncle is an avid family historian and has traced our ancestory as far back as ancient Rome. I am Italian/Irish heritage with my father being 100% Italian American. My family has had Anthony in the first born male for generations so I intend to use the name Antonius as my middle name as it is in reality. My grandmother was a Cassius and was a descendant of the Cassius of Ceasar's time and I was born on the Ides of March so I would like Cassius as my first name. I believe our family name went through so many changes, but seems to be from Brutus so that sounds good to me for a last name and keeps my intials CAB which my modern name is Christopher Anthony Boatcallie (Buttacavoli in Italian). So.......Would Cassius Antonius Brutus be an acceptable Roman Name? I trust you guys after years lurking and finally posting on the forum so want to bounce it off you guys first. Thanks.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
Salve,Cassius.
Sounds like a reasonably good name to me. I really stressed over mine for a long time and even underwent revision to arrive at it's recent form. Still not comfortable with it entirely but I guess it works. I think it's hard to name yourself. Seeing that you have those names in your family it sounds logical. Check Matt's Legio XX site for help or Nova Roma for even more examples if you need to.
Vale.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
It appears I want to give my name a whirl. How do I change my name over where the avatar goes.

I cannot figure it out

Paolo
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Speak to Jasper?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel