Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living history museums in Europe?
I've asked this before, but just with places in the UK.

Does anyone know of Living history museums in Europe "UK included" that are looking to hire paid people or just volunteers that would work 4-5 days a week? I'm taking a second trip to Europe in 2008 and I'm looking for places that will pay money or just pay in food and supply at least a place to put a tent for free or VERY cheap.

The types of places I'm looking to work/volunteer at should have either a military aspect and/or a Roman aspect to them.

Now the only problem, I more or less, just speak English. So it might make it hard, but I've done lots of living history work over the past couple of summers, plus reenacting for 6 years.

I thought I'd just ask around, I'm setup up at a place in Scotland, Archaeolink, but I thought I'd try to see if there were other places about.

Thanks for any info!
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 
Your not there now are you? I can meet up for a beer after the 28th, and have a bs session? Not sure how much help I'll be on the topic front tho! :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I'm taking a second trip to Europe in 2008 and I'm looking for places that will pay money or just pay in food and supply at least a place to put a tent for free or VERY cheap.

If you bring gear of your own, you could try the Hjemsted Oldtidspark in southern Denmark, or maybe Archeon in The Netherlands? Especially the last one likes volunteers, but I could not say if they hire or not.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Living History and advanced students, eg, IBO richsc 0 1,084 07-16-2017, 05:19 AM
Last Post: richsc
  EXARC and living history groups richsc 0 1,051 12-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Last Post: richsc
  International living history standards richsc 22 7,675 11-01-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Luca