Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google\'s new browser
Looks like Google changed it. This from /.

Quote:"In response to the reaction to Chrome's terms of service, Google has truncated the offending Section 11, apologizing for the oversight. The new Section 11 contains only the first sentence included in their Universal Terms of Service, now stating: 'You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
This Slate article offers a sympathetic review of Chrome. And if we look at the statistics of my website, Chrome has a market share of a 0.07%; which is strange, as Net Applications suggests that over the past two days, about 1% of the net users used Chrome (.more...). Are the users of my website technologically old-fashioned? Is that 1% simply untrue?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I always liked Netscape better than IE, but once they lost the Java fight, they went out. Sigh.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Hi Jona
On this site, 1.28% of users used Chrome over the last three days...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:On this site, 1.28% of users used Chrome over the last three days...
Which is in line with the official statistics. I will certainly not rule out that my visitors are conservative (today, it's no longer 0.07% but 0.10%), which I find pretty reassuring.
Quote:I always liked Netscape better than IE,
So did I, and I was really upset when the Faculty of Arts that employed me migrated to MS Explorer. Now that was in itself not a catastrophe, but the deal with MS was that they could get the software cheaper if they also used MS Word as word processor, excluding all other word processors. So that was the end of my using WordPerfect 5.1, which I think is even now, eighteen years after its release, to be preferred above anything that was ever invented by the Microsoft Company. If you want to illustrate your text or add sound fragments, MS Word is your program, but if you are working with texts only, you can't beat WP.
Jona Lendering
My website
WP 5.1 was a great program...and the best thing was you could view the code that made the font modifications. Looked like html, more or less, and it was nice to be able to turn that on and see what was going on with a pesky block of text. Sigh. And it ran just fine on DOS.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Ha Jona,

I like the 0.03% Playstation Portable,
Where on your site is hidden the "Great Battles of Rome"
JP van de Giessen
Blog: [url:xayumokv]http://bijbelaantekeningen.blogspot.com[/url]
Quote:I like the 0.03% Playstation Portable,
I was surprised about that too!
Jona Lendering