Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Republic of Rome": New Edition 2009
A friend of mine, just returning from a trip through Scotland, discovered over there that this winter, a new edition of the board game Republic of Rome will be released. I can't wait - I have very fond memories of the mid-1990s, when we had a team of some six players who simply loved it. Long afternoons and increasingly drunken evenings, and a game play that was so complex that there never was a winner - but boy, did we have fun...

More info at the website of the makers, or read some memories on my blog.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Wow! I've never even heard of that before. It looks great, and I'll definitely have to try it. And I think I'll try your Jeanne Tripplehorn rule too. Big Grin
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:Wow! I've never even heard of that before. It looks great, and I'll definitely have to try it.
You've been warned: it's complex and it takes some time to learn. You will need a group of people willing to devote at least one evening to getting acquainted with the principles. But the rewards are great.
Jona Lendering
My website
Sounds too complicated. Maybe I'll just go for the picture of Jeanne Tripplehorn. :wink:
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
I see it can, in theory, be played with only two people, but would it be as much fun that way?
I only have one roommate.
Quote:I see it can, in theory, be played with only two people, but would it be as much fun that way?
I only have one roommate.
It might work, and it is a good way to learn it. But with more people is more fun.
Jona Lendering
My website
Here is how Boulder Games describes the new edition of Republic Of Rome:

Valley Games is bringing back a classic from the glory days of Avalon Hill. Republic of Rome is a fist-fight in a canoe headed toward a waterfall.

Here is a link to their site. They estimate the game being In-Stock by November.

http://www.bouldergames.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=4685

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:They estimate the game being In-Stock by November.
The owner of my shop had some doubts whether they would have it in time. Fortunately, the winter lasts until March 21.
Jona Lendering
My website