Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning - not for the meek!!!
Since Satsobek used worst in the plural there, that should not be an option.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Which still begs the question - what question? :oops:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hi

Would be well up for a photoshoot! Full monty or otherwise!

What weapon would you want us to hold! Gladius or otherwise! :lol:
Quote:Hi

Would be well up for a photoshoot! Full monty or otherwise!

Buffhoplite - the name is explained :wink:

Quote:Which still begs the question - what question? Embarassed

Don't worry - it was so obscure I missed it myself :roll:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
You romans need all the help you can get for your calender!

Buffhoplite! Big Grin
on the other hand, we could also use pictures of other things: some reenactors, some buildings, tombstones etc.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:well, i don't know who else is working on it, but i'd certainly be glad to help with tweaking and photoshopping any images people want to send me and assembling them into a finished calendar.

how does everyone feel about cafepress-- as a graphic designer type myself, i'm not sure i'm completely happy with the quality and lack of control, but on the other hand, it really removes a lot of costs and headaches for us to deal with.

any ideas...
Another Photoshop 'tweaker' type here......
You notice it's the ladies offering help...... :lol: :lol: .
That reminds me, didn't the Collegium Gladiatorum promise a Calendar :roll:
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
It seems that LEG·XV's calendar is finished already - can't wait to see it. And I hope I can talk the guys into scanning some of it and posting it here, in the name of scary sharing. :wink:
PRIMVS CALPVRNIVS LIVIANVS aka SANGVE aka Øystein Bech Gadmar
LEG XV AP of Norway (Romans? In Norway?!)

Somniatorem me dixeris, sed unicus non sum
-- Johannes Lennonius, MXMLXXI
Always happy to oblige the female members of RAT with there needs!

Any UK guys up for a calender shoot ? Tongue

:roll:
The LEG XV Calendar for the year MMV ( or MDCCLVIII AVB) is printed and ready for distribution.

This calendar is intended for the ten- year anniversary of our group.

The calendar consists of 26 pages, covering the year 2006, in the proper roman fashion, marking the important relegious festivals, emperors birthdays, historical dates etc.
Each month is accompanied by a nice colour picture of our groups' most splendid achievements from the last ten years. I am sorry to say that only one of them is a proper nudy picture ( as seen on this thread). But there are plenty of pictures of handsome young men in segmentatas, phyrotechnics, fortifications and the like. Big Grin
This masterpiece is also accompanied with a brief introduction for the layman to the roman calendar and the practice thereof. ( Impress your friends and flamboozle your enemies by reckoning dates forward to the next Named day, IDES, NONES etc.)
I know for a fact that it will be picked apart by the experts on this forum for slight historical and linguistical inaccuracies, but remember that it is intended just for fun and as promotation for our group.

The text is in Latin and some norwegian, but, as we are going for a reprint, if there is THE SLIGHTEST SIGN OF INTEREST from anyone on this site i will happily translate it into some more international- minded language.

If you are interested generally, please post on the forum. If you are interested more specifically in owning one, drop me a PM or e-mail at magnhaa (strange a- letter) student.hf.uio.no ( replace "strange a- letter" with @).

The cost will be the trifling sum of 10 Euro, postage not included. ( I know that postage can come to quite a lot to remote areas like Belgium.) I would like to point out that we do not profit more than 0.5 Euro per calendar, and that any profit will go towards a new spearpoint for our signum.
As a sign of our trust and our noble intentions, you will not be charged until after you receive your copy.

So, if anyone thinks this is a good idea, please let me know. We shall try to scan some of it as a sample and inspiration for all you roman copy-cats out there. :wink:

All the best and a merry Satvrnalia,
Magnus HÃ¥kenstad
Consvl, Legio XV, Norway

Is there anybody here who has got anything else they\'d rather be doing than marching UP and DOWN the square!!?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Explicit sexual content warning Robert 6 2,099 01-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Robert
  New computer virus warning Arthes 1 1,044 05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis