Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki Classical Dictionary Problems
The Wiki Classical Dictionary ([url:38tvyrey]http://www.ancientlibrary.com/wcd/Main_Page[/url]) is currently under attack from a bot that is slowly vandalizing the site. For the last two weeks, as one of the editors, I have been able to roll back the greatest damage and at the moment, the site is still more or less reliable, although pages are slowly disappearing.

The owner and web-master has perfectly respectable and acceptable reasons for being unable to intervene (hint: baby). This means, however, that I have to continue to repair the site, and although I am not becoming father, my time is also limited. I will continue to defend the WCD until 9 January. A backup will be made for future restoration, but there are no rescue plans at the moment, although I will contact some of the contributors to offer them to republish their articles at Livius.Org.

If you are a regular visitor of WCD, I strongly advise to make your own copies of your favorite pages.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Is there no way to protect the site from the bot? Maybe with one of those letter-number combinations a human can type, but a bot can't?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
No, I understand it's a bot and the repair takes more time than the present webowner can spend. On the other hand, I think becoming a father or mother is an excellent excuse. Still, it is sad that the vandals will ultimately be successful.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiki Hoplitesmores 0 908 01-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Hoplitesmores