Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sequel to Imperial Roman Legionary AD 161–2
Avete,

Anyone know if there are any plans in the works to commission another sequel to this series to include the Late Roman period ?

Ross Cowan was the author of the last two books.

Maybe we should start an email campaign by sending requests to Osprey. I'll send them an email right now.

Here's the direct link to do so : [url:2zvcj0b2]http://www.ospreypublishing.com/books_likeread.php[/url]
Jaime
I talked to Ross about this and he was quite clear that Osprey had no intention of commishioning a third book in this series. Apparently they think the two MacDowell books are covering the period.

However we both agreed that these books are in need of a big update! So yes, if you could all send Osprey a plea for a new book we would all (including Ross Cowan) be very happy.

Speaking of osprey, I found Nicolle's latest (Carolingian cavalryman) a big disappointment. It was full of factual mistakes (e.g. he wrote Vegatius - De rei militare instead of Vegetius - Epitoma rei militaris). Apparently the author was in a hurry... :?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Having just published the Roman cavalryman addition to the Warrior series, Osprey might be more open to the suggestion of a third legionary volume. However, I wouldn't want to work on it; perhaps Nic Fields would be suitable?

I do plan to write more about the late legions (and only the legions) but probably for a publisher like Greenhill.

R!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Imperial Roman Legionary, A.D. 161–284 (War Anonymous 23 4,104 04-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Vincula