Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Social Research Project! By me!
Hey Guys,
This is a rather odd first post for a Roman Army forum, but unfortunatly for me coursework is coming first before posting Big Grin

For a social analysis project, I have chosen to analyse peoples reactions to a topic and each other specifically within forum communities. The posts choose to analyse will be completely annoymous, and no names will be recorded. However, for the purpose of the investigation I must have you age, gender and occupation recorded.

The topic of discussion is:

Is the influence of the media creating a more violent society?

So you should set your post out in this format.

[your post]

Reply: Media is a reflection of what the people are hungry for. If the general populace didn't want to be angered, saddened, and horrified, there wouldn't be the dearth of sounds and images we have. News, popular music, film...if there were no market for violence, it wouldn't exist in media.

Is it creating more violence? No. No one has anyone to blame for their actions but themselves, and if someone commits a violent act or crime and says they did it because of something they saw on TV or in a movie, they haven't progressed past the, "If everyone else jumped off a bridge, would you do it, too?" stage of childhood and should be locked away in a home for the mentally incompetent.
AVETE OMNES
MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS
PATER FAMILIAS DOMVS VRSVM
-Tom