Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caesar IV
This isn't a particularly new game (I've had my copy since Christmas 2006), but it's a game worth mentioning. If you've never heard of it, imagine the famous SimCity, just Roman. As far as I can tell, it does a decent job of recreating Roman cities and societies to the extent most newer games do, but I seem to have some issues with it, and one in particular: the user interface.

I attempted playing this game last Christmas when I first received it and again today, but I simply can't get a handle on the mechanics of the game and the controls. And it's not even the controls really, so much as the movement of the camera based on your mouse. In order to move the camera forward and sideways, you have to move your mouse forward and sideways. To get closer, use the scroll wheel, and the same to back away. To spin the camera, you hold down the right mouse button and turn it in the desired direction. Well, for some reason, I can't seem to get this right. I'm not sure why, but it's almost as if the game has a mind of its own and it just gets stuck on a spot and when I move the mouse, even a tad, it spins like crazy. I swear, the two times I've played it I've only been able to play for five minutes before I get dizzy, not to mention frustrated, and shut it down. The game itself seems fantastic, but because of the difficult/impossible navigation, I haven't been able to enjoy it at all. :?

Has anyone else who owns this game experienced this or something similar? I'm curious to know because I was thinking of simply giving the game away, as much as I don't want, so perhaps others will know if I am doing something incorrectly or strangely...? :?
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]
Get a tracker-ball mouse, it makes this sort of thing a breeze!
They are hard to track bown, but if you get a decent one, they are worth their weight in gold....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I haven't had these problems while playing. Everyone's different!
Michael Paglia
So no one else has navigation problems or finds the game navigation to be awkward? :? Hmm...maybe it is just me....
[Image: RAT_signature2.png]