Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone from naples italy area?
the wife and i are traveling to napoli in july and very much would like to get acquainted with anyone from the area or anywhere along the bay of napoli, ischia, capri, sorrento, pompeii or herculeneum as we are planning to visit all of the above
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
Hi
the Amalfi coast is wonderful Big Grin shock: . Sorrento is very nice. Smile oops: If is doesn't get solved now then by this summer things could be terrible. Actually the situation is worse in the hinterland, less so in Naples proper, so the warning should be even more pertinent respect to visits to Pompei. The only solution to the degrade of that area would be another Vesuvius eruption. :evil: Naples is a jungle. It can be a marvelous experience or a nightmare. Be prepared, mentally rested 8)
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
A snippet of advice from a friend:

If you go up Mt Vesuvius, either buy your bottled water (plenty of it) before you set off, or buy it at the bottom and carry it up with you, even though it may be heavy. Why ? Vendors charge more for bottled water the higher you go up to the volcano, and believe me, you will drink plenty of water on the way up and at the top due to heat/ fumes. Nearer the top, the water costs you a fortune, but you'll really need it!

Those enterprising Neopolitans :lol:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
trip revision, hotels are booked, flight pending, itinerary as follows

herculaneum, pompeii, capri, ischia, and lastly napoli with about 2-3 days in each.

yes i understand the camora and waste management are having some issues, sadly cant they just throw it in the volcano?! kidding, but damn...what are they going to do? best see it now before the place is completely a landfill eh? this si heartbreaking to hear about my ancestral home is napoli, but i ont know any family there. my italian father left us at a young age so yeah...typical american tale.

will any of you be in these areas late july, it would be so nice to meet with some one of similar interest during our visit and how nice to benefit from your knowledge. we speak very little italian but we're trying to learn more the next 6 months. we bought books and cds to help. looked into some driver /guide services to for transfer from NAP to our first hotel in herculaneum....heard the circumvesuvia is bad news and a slow train

thanks for your replies either way and i hope some more of you who may live on the coast may read this

ciao for now
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"