• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Flashback
Quote:
Quote:time is so fluent and changeable
Highly doubtful: No paradox for time travellers
Or maybe not :roll: : Letters : Time after time
Actually, looks like it's already happening: The secret's out
:wink:
What I meant was parallel universes. In this period my husband died in another universe according to those supposed to know he did notand things go on. In another i never got married and on and on Flavia
I just came across this site, whilst going through a hard drive's folders
[url:3dmw15wt]http://www.cix.co.uk/~antcom/intro.html[/url]
Imagine being able to travel back to see some of the ancient sites in their infancy and full glory, the heroic characters alive and the battles being fought.....I have no doubt that some around here would not just be spectators....especially if they thought they could not die, as they were not yet born Big Grin
Reality archaeology...!
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:I just came across this site, whilst going through a hard drive's folders
[url:224n9enp]http://www.cix.co.uk/~antcom/intro.html[/url]
Imagine being able to travel back to see some of the ancient sites in their infancy and full glory, the heroic characters alive and the battles being fought.....I have no doubt that some around here would not just be spectators....especially if they thought they could not die, as they were not yet born Big Grin
Reality archaeology...!
regards
Arthes
Wouldn't that be an amazing thing to do to go back and participate in one of the great Roman victories. How I wish.When we were in Pompeii the past seemed to collide head on with the present and the sensations while walking around that now empty city were so real and palpable. It is truly an experience for someone like myself or yourself who are so closely connected to that time period. One expected to turn a corner and meet someone from that time and walking into the houses was amazing especially when the casts of the bodies were still there. Flavia P.S. I'm going to make one of those Modius strips and try it.
Quote:Salve,
I just got back from a trip to England, but thats not important. In my free time I visited some ancient roman sites and a very wierd thing happened to me. I experienced a massive wave of emotions and had a flashback like thing when I visited Hadrians wall. It was as if I had been there already but I have never been to England, I ended up sitting on the ruins of the wall for about two hours in complete isolation. It was very strange, anything remotely like this happen to anyone else? And no I have not been drinking... Wink
Don't be upset by what happened. You probably were there before and were just returning. I'm sure you must have had strange feelings when there they say you do when you have been some place in a different life time, if one believes in reincarnation?? Do you?? Flavia
Quote:Saw an early reconstructed lorica segmentata and imperial gallic helmet in a glass case in Colchester museum as a kid aged about 7 (early 1970's).

Stared at it for ages, overwhelming feeling of familiarity and that I wanted it back.

But that could be explained as childhood greed for something that I couldn't have (like seeing an enormous pile of sweets).

Or race memory... greatest illustration of that is a fear that many have of spiders, as most in NW Europe are harmless - there's no need to fear them. A theory is that it's probably just just been ingrained in our subconciousness from many thousands of years in hotter climates (where venemous spiders live) and many of us inherit a fear of the very shape/appearance of spiders.
What if we can inherit traces of images/experiences in our cerebral cortexes?
The books of Rupert Sheldrake (no relation) discuss this in depth.
There are some who believe that what we are afraid could be left from a past life. Like the one about the guy who was supposed to have been a soldier in the american civil war left to die wounded on a battlefield unable to move when the crows came and in his present life was terrified of birds. That battlefield still is haunted Flavia
Yes I do believe in reincarnation, sorry i havent been around my internets been down. All this talk is making me really excited about my upcoming trip to Italy !
Gavin Creegan
yes, It has happened to me, only once at ancient sites though, it was york-- it was creepy, it took about 2 hours, I think I murdered someone there in a past life, or did some horrible harm. everyone was worried sick about me, thought I had gone mad I was physically ill.

the weird ones are at a little more modern sites, Ft wayne is one, I instinctively do things there that only a soldier c.1890-1900 would, I go only to certain buildings that date to a time period, one in particular is the old guardhouse, and the infirmary. never gone to any building wandering that wasn't in operation in the 1890s.

I was entirely gone at the wilderness battlefield, but I was there alone, I was dizzy, and felt very nervous.
aka., John Shook
Quote:Yes I do believe in reincarnation, sorry i havent been around my internets been down. All this talk is making me really excited about my upcoming trip to Italy !
you will love Italy. The whole place is made up of one experience after another and one feeling after another. Enjoy!!! Flavia aka Carolina
Quote:yes, It has happened to me, only once at ancient sites though, it was york-- it was creepy, it took about 2 hours, I think I murdered someone there in a past life, or did some horrible harm. everyone was worried sick about me, thought I had gone mad I was physically ill.
That must have been very frightening.
My daughter knows how scared and physically affected I have been at times in parts of York. There are also some places I am drawn to and funnily enough she seems to be drawn there too...so that is maybe 'ancestral'
The first time I visited Jorvik, it affected me so much, I had to force myself to act normally for three days. I just felt so out of time.
I found out last year, my great grandmother was from Yorkshire, which made me really happy and could also explain my love of this county from the moment I first visited... It was in the region of that Roman road on the moors, I think I declared I would move here one day, although York is still to come. :wink:
I remember being at Avebury years ago, talking to someone as we walked into the Henge and it suddenly felt as though I was walking in a thick fog or underwater and voices were very faint and muffled, both mine and theirs. Others have had similar experiences from what I was told.
I don't know if that is simply the energy flow through the stones or I had some past links, again I have ancestors from the West Country.
One thing I often notice, that when I am drawn to a particular area, I find some time later that it features somehow in my ancestry, even if it is back in the Dark Ages.
One very strange thing is that I also had a 'thing' about the Coppergate Helm, I have always wanted to try it on. Just a couple of months ago, being given some information on ancestry, I discovered that in there was a name that could possibly trace back to a Dark Age warrior, called Oshere..... Confusedhock
You know some researchers think that reincarnation can be within the same family tree, with other relatives sometimes being around you
and if you find pictures, you may recognise yourself or others from the past.
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Greetings,
this guy wonders if he lived in Ancient Greece......... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/threecircles/pd6.html
(nice little Flash movie...!)
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
people occasionally think I am a ghost in my span-am impression and get scared, I walk more naturally and matter of factly in Ft. wayne than anywhere else, and I usually dont pay much attention to people not in uniform or impression unless I am talking specifically for them.
aka., John Shook
Well, I cant say i have had a past life experience. But I think I might have had one of those moments of looking through the "veil" to a different time period. It was one day in 8th grade, on the schoolbus home. I looked out the back window on the bus and saw a strange thing, it was like a scene out of the 50's, in an area that was built in the late 40s. Then I blinked and it was gone and I was like "thats wierd". So I think you might have something behind the viel theory. I aslo went to that guys website and it was pretty interesting. I wonder if something like that has anything to do with the boyhood love of playing army. Or it could just be that I grew up in a family steeped in military tradition and am just wierd; dont know your call. I also happen to be an amazing tactician and stratgist, not bragging here just wondering if it might have something to do with this topic. I wonder what might happen when I go to Rome with my school. Anyways, if there are anymore posts in this topic i'll continue my philosohising, its 11:00 here and im going to bed, night all.
~~Gavin Nugent~~

Who told you to die! Keep fighting!

If anyone knows of anything in Long Island, New York please tell me.