Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constantinian Numismatics
Friends,

Don’t know whether any bi-tri-more-lingual (French/English) members here at RAT are interested in Constantinian numismatics, but if one of you has access to a university library containing Numismatique Constantienne (the three volume work by Jules Maurice published in Paris, 1908-1912) and if you were willing to translate his interpretive/editorial discussion into English, it would be a great service to the non-French-speaking world. Although his coin lists were superseded by publication of the subsequent Roman Imperial Coins volume, I’ve often wondered about his analysis of the coinage as a whole—particularly as it relates to Constantine’s Christian profession. If you might be interested, but don’t have access to the volumes, please pm me and we may be able to locate photocopies through interlibrary loan.

Or, if you are not interested in or able to help with the translation, but you can secure a copy (PDF, perhaps?) of the pertinent pages, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks, everyone.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pre-Constantinian Church discovered in Israel Theodosius the Great 31 5,885 11-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Thiudareiks Flavius