Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer collection 2009
Hello again!

Here they are the hottest fashion items for roman legionaries in summer 2009 A.D. If you don't want to look like a total celt you'll wear these.

Seriously speaking these are the couple of beauties I made this spring at my school. As this was my last year, I decided to make myself a helmet and a body armour because at the school I had all the tools I needed to make them. After a long deliberation I decided to use a Montefortino C as the basis for my helmet. The helmet itself is made from an old swedish army helmet that cost only 5€. I burned the paint off and welded the neckguard and crest holder in place. After attaching the cheek plates I tinned the whole thing on the outside, so as to hide that it wasn't made from brass or bronze. And yes I know that during that period roman helmets were made from bronze, but safety comes first as it's going to go through rough times and getting a lot of bangs.

The body armour is the Kalkriese variant but as we know, I had to use the other models as a basis for this. This armour is actually my graduation work and I'm quite happy the way it turned out.
Jussi Moisio
I think that even now you are maybe coming out of school you now have to get some tools of your own and keep up this good work. Very well done indeed don't stop now.
Brian Stobbs
I didn't even think on resting on my laurels but for the time being I'm doing much smaller projects.

And here are some pictures I took from my stuff during the making process.
Jussi Moisio
Say...

I started with the same base helmet in my attempt at Roman headgear.

Of course I was working in plastic, cardboard and gaff tape, so the results are not as impressive as yours. Well done sir.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA