Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We talk a lot!
I just made a backup of the RAT database. Our forum does not just include 70,000 posts. It also has a sizeable footprint on a harddisk of some 200 MB!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
If this creates a problem, you might consider deleting the "off topic" section after some time. Let's face it, most of it is indeed off topic. I would not regret the loss of our discussion on the World Cup.

I do not know how other forums store old messages; what I do know however, is that my friend Marlous (you may have met her) told me that old messages at the Dutch Viva forum disappear, which, given the confidential nature of some of the subforums, is probably a prudent decision of the moderators.

But actually, something tells me that I am proposing solutions for a problem you already know how to solve.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Oh, it's better. It's nowhere near a problem yet Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:It's nowhere near a problem yet Big Grin
You would have disappointed me if you were really facing a problem :wink: Until now, you always seem to know a solution. Karma point added, for consistently showing expertise about IT. (One day, we'll invent the Corona computatralis.)
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Just a thought, in the U.S. you can pick up a 1 GB USB memory stick for $70. A couple of those make great backups and are quick and easy to restore.
Steve
Thanks for the tip Steve. With the speed harddisk/memory price is decreasing and size is increasing, there's really no point in us talking less, is there?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys